2.0 I still dont understand

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by sugawara, Jul 13, 2008.

1. sugawara

sugawara New Member

hello,

just quickly, i have a 1.1.1 jailbroken ipod touch. if i update to 2.0 will it erase all my music videos and pictures? or as in a previous post will it back it all up first and put it back?

also, i have heard people with Ipod touchs having problems with 7.7 if they dont have an up to date FW, im curious if anyone has any idea if i will have a problem downloading 7.7 itunes updating to 2.0 and then keeping all my music and videos.

thankyou much!
  2. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    if u have jb 1.1.1 i would suggest restoring to a clean fw and then updating. that way you wont have any memory issues with the hidden 3rd party apps (im not certain there are any problems but just to be safe a restore would probly be best)
  3. hockeynut0103

hockeynut0103 New Member

Restore to 1.1.4 first, and yes it will erase everthing
  4. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    you have to be in a clean not jailbroken 1.1.4(just the regular apps: cal, calc, mail, safari....) you have to go to iTunes and do the "shift" restore thing to 1.1.4 and then go to iTunes and click on "update" thats if you want to pay the 9.99 ( I think thats how much it is) and that should be it.
  5. sugawara

sugawara New Member

the shift restore thing? so that means i have to find the 1.1.4 download and have that on my HD? but first i gotta get a clean install of 1.1.1 first? oh man this sounds like alot of work lol