2.0 Free apps(not) :) :I :( :0 ???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by jd155, Jul 10, 2008.

1. jd155

jd155 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well ive just spent about an hour or so going through the app store and was amazed and disappointed at the apps that where there. Now currently when i looked there are
    6 Pages of free apps
    26 pages of iphone apps
    24 paged of iPot Apps
    And that out of over 500 apps
    When apple had said that alot of developers would chose to make there app free i knew that most likely that would not be the case. And when i heard that about 70% of the apps would be free i new that would also most likely not be the case. But the fact that that number is pretty much opposite(70% cost money) is just Mindbogling?(i couldnt think of any other word).

Now i know that the number of free apps is going to grow and that there are alot of new apps to come but when i have to pay nine bucks for every cool little thing that i see.. kinda.. well.. sucks. I am willing to drop some money on these apps but not half my bank account.

Though i love the idea of the app store the developers just didn't jump into the free content thing. So for now im going to keep my nine dollers for the upgrade and see what there is to come. And its not that im cheap i just think everything is a bit overpriced.

So i would like to hear everyones opinions on the app store and the free apps and the payed for apps. Jailbreak? Leave on 1.1.4? leave the jailbreaking and go to 2.0? Jailbreak 2.0? All of the Above???

Plus from what i hear 2.0 is jailbroken so we will have to see what is going to happen with that. Though i have an ipot so im not sure bout that. and we have to wait for the apps to be rewritten

I think this is in the right section?
  2. mitcharr

mitcharr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I did not read your whole post but you do realise that lots more apps are yet to be added to the appstore, probably same time as when 2.0 is out or after
  3. jd155

jd155 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ya

ya i said that half way through that post. Sorry its so long i just kinda ranted