2.0 for iPod touch and iPhone, get on device without paying!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by ipodtouchmaster05, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    here is exactly what I did, warning installer.app is NOT working, whenever I open it crashes. Also if it doesnt work the first time then restore and try again.
    First get the 2.0 ipod firmware from somewhere
    Then turn off your internet and plug in your ipod and shift click restore ipod and choose the 2.0 firmware
    Then wait till it is done and turn on internet and set up your ipod as new ipod
    Give it a minute and it should change from the pink screen to the slide to unlock screen, if it doesnt then try restarting it a few times. If it still does not work then try this:
    Open up ziphone 2.6b, and then under advanced features click fix nvram
    After it complets that hit the ipod touch jailbreak
    When it is done then you should b on the slide to unlocke screen, if not then restart your ipod a couple times, and if it is to no avail then restore and try again.
    This is all I did and I did not buy the firmware or anything, and now whenever I restore my ipod back to 2.0 I dont get the pink screen anymore, so it registered my ipod to the firmware somehow. goodluck and if someone can figure out how to get installer working, please pm me or post. All the features work in 2.0, including the calculator (landscape mode also) and the new settings like parental controls. the app store is not in the ipod touch springboard because apple intended that you were supposed to buy that when the firmware comes out. there may b a hack soon to get this to show up, but cant do that till installer works. good luck and post any questions.

ps. the reasons the appstore isnt on there is because you have to pay to get that in the ipod version of the firmware.

Attached Files:

2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

re-install it? re-jailbreak it?
  3. Steven R

Steven R New Member

It will be hard for most ppl to fix this problem unless they had 2.0 firmware on their ipod. Maybe you could pm me the link for 2.0 and I could see what I could do.
  4. Rameezlalani

Rameezlalani New Member

hey, can you still ssh into it? if so go in and delete installer.app and download another copy of it that u no is legit. after that make sure everything is at 755 let me no if this works or not! theres tons of places to find a good copy of installer if you need a link pm me.
  5. Manic Nimrod

Use another program to jailbreak it?
  6. dragonblaze256

dragonblaze256 New Member

Can some help me im stuck with this permission problem
  7. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  8. Manic Nimrod

WHAT?

in the wrong thread buddy
  9. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Either you tell us what **************** is or you are lieing. And there is no installer.app in the actual firmware itself.
  10. dragonblaze256

dragonblaze256 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.