2.0 Firmware Upgrade Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by arj8138, Jul 3, 2008.

1. arj8138

arj8138 New Member

So a bit of background info..... I just got a new iMac and since I'm a student I got a free Touch. Now I have had a 1.1.1 Jailbroken Touch since December and I planned on upgrading it to 1.1.4 and including it with my PowerBook when I sold it off. So stupid me wipes my old Touch and now has 2 squeaky clean Touchs, side by side. That is when I noticed that the new touch has a screen that is less vivid and it seems that it cannot display as many colors as my old Touch.

So I sent the new Touch off with the PowerBook and now I'm stuck with a stock 1.1.4 device.

Since its only 8 more days until 2.0 firmware comes out I figured 'why not just wait it out and see if it will be worth it to upgrade...'

SOOOOO my question is if anyone knows that since I havent paid the $20 or whatever for the 1.1.4 extra apps upgrade if I will have to pay more for the 2.0 firmware. Also is 2.0 firmware for the iPod Touch going to include apps such as notes, mail, maps, etc. etc.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The upgrade to 2.0 will cost $9.95 for iPod users. Apple has not said anything about including the 5 January Software Update applications in this firmware by default.
  3. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yea, Apple hasn't brought up anything about the January Update being included in 2.0.

If you ask me, personally, I wouldnt think that they would include it, from a one-sided point of view, being that they are a large company and their goal is to make as much money as possible. But then again, new iPods and iPhones come with the update. Installed already, so its a toss-up.
  4. Ezra

Ezra Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Email support@apple.com (I think thats correct).

They will give you a full refund, plus allow you to keep the apps.

Thats what I hear.
  5. Ipodtouchhacker93

Ipodtouchhacker93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, the 1.1.4 apps will be available when you upgrade to 2.0 firmware. I read this somewhere but I don't have the link to it. Its true, this is so unfair to the people that bought the January upgrade!!!! For lots more than what the AppStore is going to be worth!
  6. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So, will this work like buying music? If you have like 20 dollars of itunes music downloads, can you use that towards buying firmware 2.0?

Also, wont the itouch run slow on some apps? The 3G is supose to be 2X faster, even having a 3D gaming engine, you try that on the itouch and you'll fail...
  7. BiJay

BiJay Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Erm, no, the hardware is the same...

Links: iPod Touch iPhone 3G

412 MHz CPU and 128 MB DRAM.
  8. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    from Macworld