2.0 down to 1.1.4 confuesed

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by JORDAN EFF, Sep 1, 2008.

1. JORDAN EFF

JORDAN EFF New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    hi guys, i have searched throught the forum about this and have read mixed replys so just wanting someone to clarify it for me it thats alright

Please Register or Log in to view images

my friend has an iphone the 2g one unlocked and jailbroken on 1.1.4, he gave his sister it and shes updated to 2.0 and the phone locked, i said i would hav a go to restore it to 1.1.4 for him but this is were I am stuck

I read comments on here that you need the 1.1.4 iphone file (which i have ) but some people say you also need itunes 7.5 to do it and others say you just put it in DFU mode and shift restore with the 1.1.4 file

so what is true pr whats the best way for me to do this

thanks alot
  2. flashisflamable

flashisflamable New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    why dont you just unlock 2.xx?
  3. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    First, you downgrade to iTunes 7.5. Remember to restart after you've installed iTunes 7.5
    Next, you put the phone into DFU mode. (You'll know you've done it correctly when iTunes says it's detected an iPhone in DFU mode, but the iPhone's screen stays black)
    Than, Shift+Click Restore, select 1.1.4, and let it do it's thing.

There is another alternative to all this. Have your friend look up a 2.0 jailbreak and unlock guide for the iPhone 2G and just jailbreak and unlock 2.0.
  4. JORDAN EFF

JORDAN EFF New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    thanks for the quick replys guys

i was just goin to put it back on 1.1.4 for him and us ziphone but is it easy enough to jailbreak and unlock the 2g phones on 2.0
  5. cainy

cainy New Member

if your downgrading you do need to install itunes 7.5, but as said use winpwn 2.5 to jailbreak and unlock 2.0.2, winpwn 2.5 has built in quickpwn, its faster and more reliable than ziphone, also qickpwn wont screw the iphone up like ziphone is known to
  6. JORDAN EFF

JORDAN EFF New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ok thanks again

i thought that it was still a bit of a hassle to jailbreak and unlock 2.0 for iphones so thanks again

just one more question then, its winpwn easy enough to use, i am downloading 2.5.0.2, is it just straight forword
  7. cainy

cainy New Member

yup its easy enough to use, has a fancy new interface so its just point and click, only bit thats a pain is putting the iphone into DFU mode, but you have to do that with whatever method you use, as for it being a hassle it only really effects 3g phones as there not unlockable yet

8. JORDAN EFF

JORDAN EFF New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    great i just donwloaded winpwn now so will have a look at the interface etc

thanks again for this

------------------double post merged------------------
    ok had a play about with winpwn and seems quick simple so excellent
    only thing i dont know is, when you are going to winpwn and iphone do you need the firmware file you are going to pwn or does the program use the firmware that is installed on the iphone

thaths the last question.............promise

9. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    You will not be able to downgrade to 1.1.4 from 2.X without downgrading your bootloader.

Her eis my guide to help you. Of course, you can simply use WinPwn 2.5 and pwn your 2.X iPhone

When you (like me) tried to upgrade your iPhone to 2.0, the upgrade also upgraded the iPhones base band. That is why you are getting (will get) error 1510 (1015?) during restore. No amount of restoring will correct this. So, what you need to do is downgrade your base band as well. And the software that will help you do this is KiPhone.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s05ipq

Disclaimer:
    Flashing your base band is considered very dangerous. Any interruptions in the process can cause a brick. Please proceed at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your iPhone.

You will need iTunes 7.5

If you are getting an error that says: iTunes Library.itl was created by a newer iTunes do the following:

Go to:
    XP: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\My Music\Itunes

VISTA: C:\Users\USERNAME\Music\iTunes

Then RENAME iTunes Library.itl to iTunes Library old.itl.

This is temporary while you install 7.5. If you upgrade back to 7.7, simply delete (or rename the 7.5) iTunes Library.itl and restore the 7.7 file you renamed to iTunes Library old.itl.

First, put iPhone into DFU mode: With your iPhone connected to iTunes, hold down the sleep button (top button) and the home button until your iPhone shuts off. As soon as it shuts off, hold the sleep button for ONE SECOND and release while STILL holding the home button. After a few seconds, XP will say it has discovered an iPhone in DFU mode and the restore screen will appear in iTunes, but your iPhone screen will remain BLACK.

Attempt a restore to 1.1.4 until you get the 1510 (1015?) error: in iTunes hold shift and click on restore and then browse to your iPHONE 1.1.4 restore file.

Once you get the error your iPhone will be left in recovery mode. Click OK to the error in iTunes.

Then use iLiberty+ or ZiPhone to kick the phone out of recovery mode: Open iLiberty and click on the more tools tab and then select the JUMP OUT OF RECOVERY button. If your using ZiPhone, go to advanced and then select RECOVERY MODE under the change phone modes menu.

Once out of recovery mode, you WILL be on 1.1.4.

Then use iLiberty+ or ZiPhone to jailbreak. Or better yet, WinPWN. At this point if you choose to activate/unlock, you will have no signal.

Open the KiPhone software and make sure you check downgrade base band and debug boot. Hit start and you should see a bunch of white lines scrolling on your iPhone. It takes about 5 minutes. (without jailbreaking first, you will not see these lines)

Once your baseband has been downgraded, go ahead and put the phone back into restore mode and do a full restore to 1.1.4 and your iPhone will complete without any errors.

Jailbreak as normal and then be sure to reset all your settings in the iPhone in order to get a signal.

Oh, and make sure you are using an IPHONE restore file and not an iPod's.

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

I hope this helps