2.0 and purchases and new iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by sam1990, Jul 22, 2008.

1. sam1990

sam1990 New Member

Tomorrow my iPod will be going back to the apple online service centre and I will likely be getting a brand new replacement iPod back( as I have with all my iPods once sent back for repair).

Although I have just bought 2.0 and I heard it's locked to serial number of your iPod,, how does this work when I get my new replacement iPod and want 2.0 and all my things on the iPod even though it will be classed as new(different serial number).

Thanks.
    Sam James
  2. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    It works fine, did it the other day. Just update and register.
  3. sam1990

sam1990 New Member

great news, thank you
  4. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    All videos, applications, music and purchasable firmware updates are all deeply encoded with DRM. DRM stands for, Digital Rights Management which really means its there to stop pirating. How can it stop pirating you ask, well DRM will only allow the file to be used with 5 different computers. After the 5, it won't let it be used on any other computers. Though there are possible ways of getting past DRM, it will not be discussed here.

But the simple answer for you is yes, since the paid update is on your computer, DRM will know that you bought it and will easily allow you to restore your iPod to that version!