2.0.2 iPod Lags extreme

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by XFreeRollerX, Sep 11, 2008.

1. XFreeRollerX

XFreeRollerX New Member

I just updated to a jailbroken 2.0.2 software from 1.1.4 (restored to a clean 2.0.2 then used Quickpwn guide listed here)

However now my iPod seems to lag everywhere... unlocking, the slidebar sits at the very end for 10 seconds before SB shows up, some apps don't lag at all, some lag horridly (installer scrolling is like slideshow) Internet is fine, but my iPod integration i have in my car doesn't work too... The thing shows data but music never plays!!!

Ive looked around and found "freezing keyboard" problems but those are all 1.1.4 issues which Ive never experience, and Im on 2.0.2
  2. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Upgrade to 2.1
  3. Dave C

Dave C New Member

I know, there's still all these threads about lagging, freezing, apps not working etc, and everything can basically be resolved with an upgrade to 2.1
  4. XFreeRollerX

XFreeRollerX New Member

Okay then what do I do about wanting to change my wallpaper via jailbreaks etc? 2.1 isn't jailbroken yet, is it?

Even if not, does 2.1 have an app that allows customization? I know they have many restrictions seeing as even their "FLASHLIGHT" app is frickin retarded, not making your screen any brighter
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Alright I think I may have found a fix as dumb as it sounds I would have never thought of it untill I read some stuff on another forum

shutting down the ipod (holding power button and slide to power off) it took about 2 minutes but after restarting it the lag has eased up. Not gone, but it is much better.

I will have to see weather or not this fixed the issue with no music playing in my car's integration system
  5. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

It's still gonna lag. It's a problem with the 2.x firmware until apparently 2.1 seems to have fixed a lot of the lag issues. Haven't tried it yet as I have to wait until tomorrow for the iPhone firmware but I'm hopeful.
  6. XFreeRollerX

XFreeRollerX New Member

is it a jailbreak issue causing lag or what? Just sucky firmware update?

I also noticed Safari doesn't like turning sideways very easily... Is that another problem with 2.0.x?

I might update to 2.1 once I get home today as the bugginess is really annoying