2.0.2 Battery

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Frozen72, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

Has anyone noticed that with the new Firmware their battery life has gone down? Mine has gone down a bit but I don't really care since my Ipod is finally running smoothly and the internet is much faster.
  2. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah battery life has decreased but mine still doesn't run smoothly and constantly needs restoring!
    Its not even jailbroken! And its on 2.0.2
  3. kookmasteraj

kookmasteraj New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ya the battery is slightly lower but everything still works and runs smoothly
  4. newdude

newdude New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I haven't noticed this yet.. I really hope not.. although it does run a bit smoother.
  5. cainy

cainy New Member

Im thinking of going back to 1.1.2 that really was the only OS that worked nicely, 2.0.2 crashes as much as 2.0, had to force reboot several times, only plus it has over 2.0 is theres not as much keyboard lag, might put my ipod in for a new battery, still under warranty

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    worked fine for me so far kinda drains battery fast when im playing cube runner
  7. fullback

fullback New Member

mines the same. I'm not jailbroken, don't use apps at all and safari seems to drain the battery the most. mine still crashes as well. the most recent crash was when i was using safari and the hidden volume image popped up. the screen froze instantly. had to reboot. actually come to think of it, my screen freezes a lot now. it never happened prior to 2.0.2.

its pretty frustrating.
  8. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

I can't wait for 2.1. I had to do my first restore with 2.0.2 and that was my fault it was editing the system spring and I force shut it down and then when I tried to reboot it got stuck on the apple.
  9. questionmarc

questionmarc New Member

well , battery life goes down as much already when you just have wi-fi on .
    i usually turn it off and also ssh , and i usually set the brightness to lowest all the time , just when im listening to music .
  10. fullback

fullback New Member

i had my 2.0.2 fully charged last night ... listened to music for 40 mins, surfed the net for 2, and its about 40% now

Please Register or Log in to view images

i have everything turned off (wifi when listening to music) and turned down (brightness) too!!!