1st. time jailbraker question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prographics, Dec 9, 2008.

1. prographics

prographics New Member

Ok I have the iphone 3g using 2.2 software. I used itunes to do a backup then I started the jailbrake process using the quick pwn software. I got off on the sequence of pressing the buttons and stopped the software which left the phone in recovery mode. Then I connected the phone to itunes and did a restore to bring the phone back to the original settings, it works fine. Then I tried to run the quick pwn software again but the program gets to the screen of the install process but never highlights to start pressing any buttons. I assume it's because the software in the phone is a restore version but I don't know for sure. Is there anything I can do to be able to jailbrake this thing?

Thanks in advance.
    Pro
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Never used quickpwn on an iphone. But there is noe reason it shouldn't work. Try it on a different computer.

Make sure you are using the right version of quickpwn. You can download the newest version at blog.iphone-dev.org

Also some useful info to help people help you would be

PC or Mac. xp or vista
    Quickpwn version number.
  3. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i had no problem with quickpwn on my 2.2 3G. But there are some things to look out for. So what im gonn a do is post up a quick guide for 2g and 3g iphones right now.
  4. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus

Why not?

I have never had any problems using quickpwn to jailbreak or unlock my iPhone.
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I cant use it on my 3G because I dont want my baseband updated and I like pwnagetool better because of the ability to customize the FW. Add cydia packages and all that jaz to the FW Then just restore to that FW with all your favorite cydia apps already there.

With quickpwn you have to restore via iTunes, Jailbreak, Then spend a few hours reinstalling your apps or waiting for aptbackup to do it or doing it in the terminal.

Pwnagetool is two steps, build your custom FW and restore DONE. oh and then sync with itunes but Im not counting that because you have to do that regardless.
  6. robynluvsbingo@msn.com

robynluvsbingo@msn.com New Member

So how did this work out?

'the exact same thing happened to me last night and i would love to know how to fix it