1st Person Driving App

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Tman47, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    okay so me and my friend were sitting at our table in study hall and discussing ways we could maximize the potential of the ipod touch's sensor.

we both have jailbroken 8gb ipod touches

and we thought, well wouldnt it be great to have a driving game that steers/accelerates/brakes/reverses using the motion sensor?

now neither of us have any talent at all when it comes to developing games, but im posting this to see if anyone out there would like to try to help us make this.

what we'd imagine is having the ipod turned to the side with a screen in the view of the driver (showing the steering wheel at the bottom, the view of the road in front, and possibly a rear view mirror at the top.

ik this would be very complicated but we could start with prototypes like with just a road in front going in a oval shape track, then step it up with scenery and other cars.

another option is for it to be the same setup as mario kart: super circuit for gba where youre in 3rd person view but still with the same control scheme as before.

please respond to this post. or for ppl interested in possibly developing this email me.
  2. frenk

frenk New Member

In fact it seems to be a good idea but i'm just here to appreciate the possible project

i'm not able to perform nor help for this project.

But i hope this project will grow up one day if it's possible and if the touch can make it real.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. steeped

steeped New Member

It really seems like simple (well simple to a programmers standards... complicated to mine) programs have been made for the Touch, nothing really too complicated. From what I have seen, I think Yeti3d has been the best game released (in my opinion) and the controls still suck and all. Your asking for a very complicated game, and as much as I love your idea, I don't think it will be made by some teen Touch Hacker, maybe by Apple though in the near future.
  4. lilbrzboi

lilbrzboi New Member

great idea

somehow sum1 can make it so like if u put ur touch side ways it goes sideways?
  5. dude19

dude19 Banned

make the controls somewhat like the wii on the driving games where the controller is a steering wheel, and then just put like a button on left side and b button on right side and you have steering(by tilting) gas(the a button) and brakes (the b button)
  6. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    controls

well actually what i was thinking is something like having the steering be tilting. accelerating could be tilting away from you and braking/reversing could be tilting it towards you
  7. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd be funny to see you use the touch as a steering wheel and the screen stay in a horizontal position. As for me I just don't do portable gaming with serious games, i tried with a PSP.
  8. Acerei

Acerei New Member

i say a brake and accelerate button on the screen,
    and tilting to steer
    i hate to tilt away from me cause i can't see sh*t
  9. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah well that'd work too. maybe have the buttons watermarked into the screen like on the GBA emulator. but only for accelerate, brake, and maybe menu selection.
  10. tlknocke

tlknocke New Member

Ooooh! That would be awesome.