1st gen ipod touch stuck at pwn logo and swod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mreyn3693, Jun 26, 2009.

1. mreyn3693

mreyn3693 New Member

hello everybody,

I have googled endlessly and read through countless forum threads regarding this topic and so far nothing has helped. I don't know if I'm just missing that one post that explains a different technique at getting back an ipod touch that is stuck at the pwn logo screen with a frozen spinning wheel of death.

I have a 1st gen ipod touch 8Gb model. For quite a while, it hasn't been recognized by any of the 3 pc's in my house when it is hooked up through the usb. I have another ipod touch that is recognized by these same pc's, using the same usb sync cables. since it was working but not being recognized, I figured maybe if I did a reset from the settings of the ipod, that it would work. First I did the reset setting without erasing content. Didn't work so I said screw it and did the full reset and erase which took forever. It never made it back from that one LOL. I wasn't around when it finished the process but when I returned, it was stuck on the iphonelinux.org screen with a frozen wheel of death. It's the penguin logo which I assume was one of the generic logos you could choose while pwning. Don't remember.

The ipod will charge from the wall or car charger and will charge and play through a stero dock that I have. It just will NOT charge from pc and the ipod isn't recognized by my pc or itunes at all.

I have tried numerous ways of getting it into DFU mode, which I have successfully done a LOT with other ipod touches, iphone 2G and 3G..
    I've tried holding the home button down for 5 seconds and then plugging it into the pc while holding down home. I could sit there for 15 minutes holding home and nothing ever happens. I've tried with the ipod off, holding home for 5 seconds, then home and power for 10 seconds and then home for another minute or 2. tried with the ipod already on and holding home and power for 10 seconds and then home ...etc... I can't do the sounds technique because since it isn't recognized by my pc at all, I hear no connect/disconnect chime. I've unplugged all other usb devices and have the ipod plugged directly into the pc, not into a hub.

Is there a reputable repair service for non functioning jailbroken ipods/iphones? I'm sure apple wouldn't like it if I brought in an ipod that has the iphonelinux.org penguin logo.

Any and all suggestions are much appreciated.

thanks,

Mike
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    crap, wrong forum.. sorry
  2. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry man but now i've read it i rally don't know a solution for this problem...
    If i were you i would try to restore it and bring it back to th Apple store...
    I'm sorry  man..
  3. mreyn3693

mreyn3693 New Member

At this point, I can't do anything with it. When I reboot it, it comes back to the penguin screen and has a spinning wheel of death for maybe a minute or 2 and then the wheel freezes and that's it until I reboot again. I don't have the ssh info for this particular ipod on the pc I am using at the moment so I can't try to ssh into it during this brief period, which I've read I can try. I'll have to see if I have the ssh info saved on my other pc when I get home from work. That's my last hope at this point. thanks for reading and replying though
  4. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    If it's not working, just say it and i Will try to help

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. mreyn3693

mreyn3693 New Member

6. lolwut37

lolwut37 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch