1st gen. iPod touch (jailbroken)?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by The Crow, Feb 19, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I am new to this site and glad I fell on to it, but I am wondering if I didn't complete the jailbreak completely? When I went through the jailbreak it finished and I had no problem doing so but I only did the Installer and Cydia, did I miss something because I can't seem to download any free games but I do have other things to install. So treat me as a complete newbie and if you can walk me through it like I am dumb (lol).

Thanks, The Crow.
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There aren't many games on Cydia. You need to add more sources to see more applications (see the Cydia Repos link in my signature below for more repo sources you can add).
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

studangerous, I tried to click on your links and they are still pending verification by the site. So is there anything else you can suggest, like is that all I should have installed through jailbreak (Installer/Cydia) and do I have to create an iTunes account to retrieve any games and other Apps.? I just don't want to put a credit card number online, so any help will be much appreciated and also I do have Bossprefs. installed.

Thanks, The Crow
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

If you click on Cydia Repos, it should take automatically because it's a thread from this site.
    From there you should be able to add sources into Cydia.
    If the link doesn't redirect you, click on it.
  5. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks for the reply, but please be patient because I am new to this. So your saying once I click on the Cydia repos and then click on the packages, I can download or transfer them then? So all of these I have to do how, like hook my iPod up via usb cable then transfer them? Sorry if I or my questions sound stupid but I just want to know if there is any way of downloading new Apps. (games etc.) to my iPod with out registering with iTunes store and a credit card? I thought that doing the JB , it would open up the Apps. to me through Cydia? Thanks for your patients and your help, if you can PM me too that would make it much more easier?
  6. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He's referring to cracked apps guys.. Didn't you notice?
  7. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks, if you can understand all my bable can you please PM me and set me in the right direction please? I just thought that after the JB that with the Installer and Cydia I would be able to get all the Apps. including games, because I can install themes/wallpapers/ and I do have the Bossprefs already but just want to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks, guys/gals!
  8. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    PM me Crow and I'll help you with your Cydia and iTu─▒nes issues - but if you're talking about trying to get Appstore apps illegally then don't even think about bothering me now or ever again.