1st gen iPod Touch help please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mattpgl, Jul 28, 2009.

1. mattpgl

mattpgl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know there's other topics, I've looked at them and nothing seems to be working for me...

My iPod was in version 1.1.4 or 1.1.5 and was jailbroken, I bought it off someone on ebay. I tried to update it to 3.0 and now it's giving me the 1604 error...

I've tried to use ziphone (is it?) to put it in DFU mode but it just doesn't recognise the iPod Touch... I've tried all the things apple tells me, change computer, user, usb port.. everything nothing seems to be working.. All it shows on my iPod is the "Connect to iTunes" with the iTunes logo and a USB picture.

Again, I've looked at other posts before I became a member on this forum, I've looked at youtube.. Countless of videos, no ones solutions seem to be working for me...

Please, please help.

edit: I'm running windows XP and the latest version of iTunes, I want to go to 2.2.1 OS for my iPod..
  2. Shaded Light

Shaded Light Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    okay, a few questions from me before i can form a proper answer.

1. Are you still currently jailbroken?
    2. Why are you not deciding to go to 3.0?
    3. Are you using the proper firmware build meant for the ipod touch 1g?
  3. mattpgl

mattpgl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know what software is on because when I tried to go to 3.0, it had an error and I have been unable to restore from then.. The last version (I THINK) I had was 1.1.4 or 1.1.5 and it was jailbroken so I don't know if that's lasted.

I don't really mind what software I go to, I just want to be able to jailbreak it and use my iPod so I can play games and listen to music.