1st Gen iPOD Touch frozen..Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by daisyd0477, Oct 5, 2009.

1. daisyd0477

daisyd0477 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello. I have a 1st generation 8GB iPod touch. I went to download the latest version of iTunes on Saturday. I think it has been a while since I update it, because I was not able to donload any apps. Anyway, I went through the download and my iPOD all of a sudden froze up. Here is a pic of what it looks like: ipod.jpg

So I went onto Apple's site, which totally sucks and is really confusing...and tried to figure out how to fix it. I did a reset with holding down the shut off button and home button (several times) and it didn't work. I did a restore and recover. That didn't work. I also uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it. Didn't work. I went to some forums and these are pretty much the 3 main things people say to do. Can anyone else please help??? I have not seen anyone have this type of freeze that I have. And I don't want to have to pay Apple $29 for technical support for this item I have only had a year. What a piece of junk!!!! But, I do love it!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iw0025

iw0025 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok i also have a ipod touch 1G but with 3.0 firmware but is jailbroken so i dont know if this will help. First hold the home and top button at the same time. It should shut off. Keep holding it until the white apple logo shows up. keep holding the home and middle button and plug in your ipod to the computer. Then let let go and open itunes then resote it. I think i messed up somewhere but if you need help just say so.
  3. inF4MOUS

inF4MOUS New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This isnt an introduction.
  4. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Welcome to iPodtouchfans.
  5. daisyd0477

daisyd0477 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you guys are rude. i am obviously new and couldn't figure out where to post. keep your comments to yourself unless you want to help.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    thanks iw0025. i was able to recover my ipod and it is working fine. however, for some reason if i try to restore all my stuff from itunes, it freezes again.