1st gen IPod touch battery problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by batesjm, Oct 28, 2009.

1. batesjm

batesjm Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My ipods battery wont hold a charge, This disturbs me because it is a new battery. The device seems to be draining the battery constantly, Wifi is off so thats not the problem. It seemed to become an issue after i installed the 3.0 firmware. The ipod is also unjailbroken an has been restored several times since the problem began. I have also tried downgrading the firmware with no success. I have also charged the ipod for days trying to top it off so to speek and the battery is still dead after 4 hours of being turned on, sitting on the table with the device in stand by. I dont get it, Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Retarted Geese

Retarted Geese New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Some things to take into consideration...
    Try making your brightness down to medium, the LED screen can run a battery down quickly.
    Make it so it auto sleeps after one minute(If you already haven't done so.)
    Fetching new data.
    If you have it on every fifteen minutes/thirty minutes change it to hourly. It can drain the battery fetching information even when the ipod is in sleep mode.
    This is all I can think of now, also when making it go into sleep mode always be on the spring board, if your in a game it is on sleep-run it will drain your batter also.

I hope this helps and hope you get this fixed asap.
  3. batesjm

batesjm Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    na somethings wrong it should not go dead after 4 hours the battery is brand new. it shouldnt matter what the settings are.