1st Gen iPod Broken...? Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shooKya, Aug 17, 2009.

1. shooKya

shooKya New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay well yesterday I went out tanning with a couple of my friends but before I left, I tried to charge my iPod. I didn't pay any attention to it when I unhooked it from my computer and left. When I got to the beach it was almost empty of power and I knew I had left it hooked it.

Now it is dead, out of power. I've been trying to get it to charge or even turn on for a second and all I get is that same black screen.

Any ideas?

Could sand be the culprit? Heat maybe (when I was lying down I put it under my neck so it wasn't in direct sunlight)? I don't know how, but water even?

Thanks in advance.

-Ryan
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Someone has got to have an idea where I can go from here.
  2. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Did you go to the beach with it once already? If it was humid that could have caused it to go poof.

BTW, I suggest keeping it in a plastic bag when at the beach or near water.
  3. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    First off all, to rule out (or identify) the problem, have a look in the headphone jack, you should see a little strip of paper at the top (this is the water indicator), if it is pink, that means the iPod has come into water, if not, it might not be water damage.

If it is not water damage, leave the iPod on charge for a few hours and see if it responds, then plug it into iTunes. If all else fails, put it into DFU mode and restore (The link for the tutorial is in my signature).
  4. shooKya

shooKya New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The strip of paper is not pink. I have tried putting it into DFU mode and got it to turn on for awhile. It just won't charge. When I tried to restore it, it disconnects and it cannot complete the process. I have tried different cords as well.

No luck.
    Any other ideas?
    The error says...

An iPod has been detected but it could bot be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod then try again. An unknown error occurred. (1602)