1st BestSkinsEver VS. BodyGuardz for the iPhone Review

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jameshez, May 28, 2008.

1. jameshez

jameshez New Member

Ok here's the thing. The nice people at BodyGuardz and BestSkinsEver.com had agreed to send me a sample for an exclusive review on these forums only. So, the skins came in the mail yesterday and I thought I'd write the review now. Without further....

What's in the Box?
    For the BestSkinsEver, it included the following:
    • Information Paper
    • 2 Screen Covers
    • 2 Back Covers
    • 2 Top Chrome Covers
    • 2 Bottom Chrome Covers
    For the BodyGuardz, it includes the following:
    • 2 Screen Covers
    • 2 Back Covers
    • Squeegee Card
    • Application Instructions
    • Application Solution

Shipping
    Both companies were very helpful in shipping the item with quickness and packaging. The BestSkinsEver (BSE) case was shipped in an envelope along with a sheet refering to the website for applying the skin. With the BodyGuardz (BG) case, it was shipped in a standard cardboard box that still fit into my mailbox. Both companies sent their cases within 2 weeks and considering I live in Canada, it was rather fast.
    BSE: 10/10
    BG: 10/10

Application
    Applying the skins was fairly easy but as most have heard, the corners are a bit stubborn. Sometimes bubbles get caught whenever you move around the case when drying. One thing I noticed with both cases is that on the chrome rim around the screen, there are a lot of little bubbles that you can't really do anything about. Although I would say the BG is easier to apply for two reasons. First of all, it's only two pieces while the BSE is four pieces. Another thing, the BodyGuardz includes a squegee, application solution, and instructions. Unfortunately, the BSE only comes with the four pieces. Instructions are online, they state to use a credit card as a squeegee and there are directions on how to make your own solution using liquid soap and water.
    BSE: 7/10
    BG: 9/10

Look, Visibility and Touch Screen Compatibility
    I have to say the visibility is almost clear as a whistle. When you look at the screen in the light, you notice light ripples. These ripples add grip to your iPhone to prevent the klutz in you from dropping a $500 phone - enough said. The touch screen compatibility has not changed at all. Both cases work great with the touch screen and both do not interfere with the screen at all. One thing I just wanted to tell everyone, when you put this case on it makes your whole iPhone shiny whether you choose the BG or the BSE. That means that matte finish on the back is no longer matte. IMO, I think it makes the iPhone look sexier. On the other hand, the BG feels nicer since it's much smoother than the BSE.
    BSE:9/10
    BG:10/10

Scratches and Protection
    These cases are very durable when it came to protection. Both the BSE and the BG hug your iPhone tighter than leather pants. They provide great protection based on my tests. Both mine and my friend's iPhones were dropped from a reasonable height and there was no damage done with either case. When scratched with keys, the iPhones were fine but the BSE case did take some damage. I would have to say the BG showed no scratches since it was thicker than the BSE. The only problem I noticed was after a while the corners on both cases start to come off a little bit.
    BSE:9/10
    BG:10/10

Price
    The BG is available for purchase at $24.95 for the whole body or $14.95 for just the screen. The BSE is available for purchase for $7.99 for the whole body.
    BSE: 10/10
    BG: 6/10

Overall
    Whether you choose the BodyGuardz or the BestSkinsEver, both are great cases and there are not many significant differences. If your looking for something easy on the wallet but harder to apply, the BSE is right for you. If you're looking for something of a bit better quality with easier application, then go with the BG.
    Overall Score of BSE: 45/50
    Overall Score of BG: 45/50
  2. meepo

meepo New Member

this review would go great with pics
  3. Relic073

Relic073 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes i agree can we have some screenies plz

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Need pics so we don't have to google the cases to see how they look.
  5. jameshez

jameshez New Member

Sure. I'm just busy with exams. I'll post some pics asap.
  6. jameshez

jameshez New Member

Bump it up!
  7. timhey

timhey New Member

what about invisible shield, if compare three of them, which one is the best?
  8. jameshez

jameshez New Member

Bodyguardz is exactly like IS in every way. Comes with the same things and is also the same quality as the BG. Sticky, frontpage maybe? This took a while to put together + rep or something please.
  9. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

you live in Kazakhstan? what a random place to live.
    edit: lol i get it
  10. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Highly doubt they would have sent you a sample for review. Sounds like you just wanted to get more rep by writing one and supposedly backing it by saying they "sent you a sample". It would be much more logical for them to have contacted a moderator or admin for something like this...

Doesn't mean its a bad review though. Nice detail! =)