1Gen Touch has no wi-fi symbol

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by saskman, Apr 20, 2009.

1. saskman

saskman New Member

Hi,

I have a 1st gen Touch (bought the day it was announced way back when) where about a month ago the battery seemed to get very hot and then ultimately could not hold a charge. More importantly the wi-fi symbol simply does not show up any more after the over-heating incident. When the touch is plugged in to the computer, it turns on and I can do everything as normal except have the wi-fi ability. (I have toggled the software settings for the wi-fi off/on with no difference.)

So, I was hoping that a new battery would do the trick. I just installed that tonight and the same problem exists. (no wi-fi) At least it holds a charge now.

The touch has never been jailbroken and I have done a restore. (twice now).

Has anyone ever run into this scenario? Is there something I can check for with respect to the wi-fi hardware since I have the touch partially open now anyway? I suspect it's hardware related and of course being a day-one touch I am way past warranty.

Thanks in advance.
  2. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    if it is completely broken it just says "no wifi" and it is grayed out in the settings so its not broken (fully anyway). Try a DFU restore.