1G or 2G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gr4v1ty, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Gr4v1ty

Gr4v1ty Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Here is my problem...Since my b-Day is soon, I don't know what to choose in between iPod touch 1G or 2G.

I don't know what to choose from cause I don't want to take risks by buying the 2G and having no chances to customize it...NEVER.
    So what you guys think I should do? Buy the 1G, JB it and return when the warranty is finished.
    Or buy a 2G and hope for a JB

And I would like to know if there are chances of a 2G JB. If yes how muvh? 50%, 75%, 100%?

And one last question, does the JB cancels the warranty??
  2. deathcorefan2

deathcorefan2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it voids the warrenty but if you have probs you can restore and have no signs of a jailbreak.
  3. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it may not be out now, but Chronic Dev or the Dev Team will come up with a JB....who knows how soon, but it will get here eventually.
  4. puffkingkill

puffkingkill New Member

100% chance of jailbreak

the speakers in the 2g are the more helpfull than imagined i didn't use my headphones for like the first week i had my 2g. also it can hold a microphone!

also there are no apps in the app store that say "only compatible with 1g ipod touch" there are alot however that say "only compatible with 2g touch" and you automatically get the newest firmware!
  5. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    2G. The speakers, volume controls and it is lighter and thinner in your hand. And as for the jailbreak it will happen.
  6. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

The 1g is now old technology and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to spend $ on old technology when there is a newer generation available. Also to add to what the other posters have said the 2g has an improved sound chip that definately for me makes my music sound better.

As to a JB......who knows hopefully soon but maybe never. Also no one knows how this JB will work. You may not be able to delete and restore to a totally clean firmware as you can with the 1g and remove all traces of the JB to use your warranty in the case of something going wrong with your touch.
  7. Gr4v1ty

Gr4v1ty Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But when you saying apps compatible with only 2G...What are they??

And is there a way to change the them to 2G without JB??