1g or 2g? Which one?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freesa, Dec 30, 2008.

1. freesa

freesa New Member

*Price does not matter

Hi, I am going to buy an iPod Touch; however, I am unsure if I should get the 2g or 1g Touch. I want to be able to jailbreak my Touch, yet I would have to get the 1g, and miss out on the features of the new one. So I am wondering if jailbreaking is worth getting the old Touch, for is there really that big of a difference? Also, any idea when the jailbreak for the 2g will come out, for if it soon I will just get the 2g. Thanks for your help.
  2. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

i like 1g's a lot more.. trust me, jailbreaking is amazing, and unless u dont want to jailbreak, get the 2g for the speaker
  3. neetan

neetan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i got the same problem im still deciding its tuff but im thinking of going with the 2g because the jailbreak will be out soon.
  4. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

1g=Jailbreaking (Themes, Cydia Apps)

2g=Speakers, Volume Rocker

1g FTW!
  5. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you must have a jailbreak immediately then your choice is already made for you. Personally I went with the 2g because I had no intentions of jailbreaking, at least not any time soon.
  6. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    2G is very nice though. The processor is a bit more faster, making games lag less. If you are desperate for jailbreaking, then go for the 1st gen.
  7. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

Get the 2G believe me....
  8. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Here's what the second-gen has that the first gen does not:

-Volume buttons
    -More shininess and curviness
    -Slightly faster processor (the first-gen's is fine as it is)
    -Nike + iPod, and even if you want to use that you still have to buy the part that goes in your shoe.

The first-gen has a jailbreak. That means themes, and SBSettings, and MewSeek, and iMobileCinema, and MxTube, and other cool stuff.

Get the first-gen.
  9. freesa

freesa New Member

When will they come out with a 2g jailbreak?
  10. meepo

meepo New Member

Think of the equity, the value, if you get a 2G not only will the resell value of it be higher than the 1G, you get better battery life, speakers, volume rocker, and a faster processor, also there will be a jailbreak for the 2G I'm sure it will happen.

However

If you choose to get the 1G, when the 2G gets jailbroken you are going to be kicking yourself for it later, and when the 3rd generation is out, and you want to sell your 1G for funds, the resell value is going to be most likely more or less half than the original price.

I'd go with the 2G, unless you were incredibly desperate for a jailbreak and you intend to stick with it for a year or two, go with the 1G.