1G Ipod Touch will not turn on at all

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Goobert, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Goobert

Goobert New Member

Hi. I have come here after trying everything I could to get my iPod back to normal. I was on Safari on my 1st gen iPod Touch 8GB, when it suddenly turned off. I couldn't turn it on anymore. I tried to restore it by holding home and power button, then letting go of the power button to get it into DFU mode. When I do that, it just shows me the Apple logo, then it turns off again. What should I do?

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    I can now restore it, but when it is done restoring, it says "your iPod will now restart". At that point, my iPod just shuts down like nothing happened.
  2. piwipod

piwipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does it work when it's plugged in? (is it not just an old dead battery?)
  3. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it sounds like a dead battery.
  4. Goobert

Goobert New Member

Doesn't work while plugged. I've had it for at least a year and a half now, so it is old. I'm wondering if it is a dead battery, is there a way I can replace it? I don't want to buy a new iPod because I don't have the money for it right now.
  5. iforget

iforget Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Some nice Apple Store Geniuses will look at devices way past warranty expiration! (Maybe almost all? Not sure on policy).
    JUST to double check, try a genuine Apple wall charger overnight if you can find one!!!
  6. Xgin

Xgin New Member

1. Plugged in iPod with USB to PC.
    2. Opened my computer and saw that iPod was there in the list (Devices with removable storage).
    3. Ejected the iPod (Use the option "Safely Remove" from the notification area in the bottom right next to your Windows clock)
    4. made sure the hold button was off and then held down the Menu button and middle button at the same time for five seconds.
  7. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You have just tried putting it in DFU mode. You need to also RESTORE the iPod itself.
  8. Goobert

Goobert New Member

I did get to the point where the restore said it was done and it said my iPod will now reboot. After I dismiss that message on iTunes, my iPod just turns back off like nothing happened. Doesn't reboot.
  9. Goobert

Goobert New Member

Anyone with some help?