1G iPod touch starts to boot then shuts down

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hickler, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Hickler

Hickler New Member

Background info: jailbroken, not sure what version as it was a long time ago (kinda forgot about my touch due to getting an iPhone) all I know is that it was before [PIRACY].us and all that.
    32 GB
    1st Gen

Basically one day it ran out of batteries so I recharged it, but when I tried to turn it back on the silver apple logo comes up then it just shuts down again.

I managed to get it into what I think was DFU mode once, the screen was white and it was recognized in iTunes but an error message came up saying that I had to restart my iPod because there wasn't enough memory or something like that.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be much appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

Oh man that sounds like a toughy. Here is another forum with the same problem. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=904569

My tip would be to look up DFU mode and Recovery mode and see if you can put it in one of those. Also did you try another computer?
  3. Hickler

Hickler New Member

Thanks a lot, I found a post in the thread you posted that allowed me to enter into recovery mode.

If anyone else has this problem you basically just push the power button to start the boot process then hold down sleep + home for about 30 seconds. The iPod should turn off, turn back on and enter into recovery mode.

Thanks!