1g iPod Touch Speaker

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by KushiRules, Nov 7, 2008.

1. KushiRules

KushiRules New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If it can make the sound from like getting a new mail or the easy button from installer, then why can't hackers use that to make a internal speaker for 1g? How does it make that do-DO-DO-DO-dot sound?
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

hahaha, excuse me, but 1G doesn't have speakers. and i don't think it will.

buy the 2G if u want.
  3. bulungula

bulungula New Member

I guess it would sound much too creapy. But it should be posible.
  4. KushiRules

KushiRules New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't want to sound demanding but someone should try it! I am not a developer but I wish to be. If anyone could, how do I start off making jailbroken apps?
  5. Teddyx

Teddyx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Its the same principal as a computer's internal speaker that beeps, ever seen anybody play music through there? I don't think its possible.
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

It's just a cheap piezoelectric speaker, which is ONLY capable of clicks and the like. It doesn't even have the capability of a computer's internal speaker. Like with the 2G jailbreak, the issue isn't software but hardware.
  7. bob12345333

bob12345333 New Member

will not work already been tried...

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
  9. patsissons

patsissons New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this will most definitely work. If you open the clock app and then head to the Timer section (button on the bottom), click the 'When Timer Ends' button above the start button and preview some of the built in tone sequences. Jarlath is correct when he says that this is a cheap piezoelectric speaker, but that's not to say it isn't capable of generating audio. No, it's not going to be anything like what you hear from your headphones, but it can certainly be used to play chirp tunes and the like.

Another thing to note is that ASUS used to play recorded voice audio through the PC speaker (in your computer case) on some motherboard bios revisions. Now the PC speaker is much larger so that is why the voice played back was understandable, the same audio on the ipod speaker may be much more difficult to understand.

I have thought about playing around with this for a little while now. I'm really just interested in what i can make it do. The first step will be to research the actual hardware to see what its frequency range is, among other things.