1g iPod touch and skype

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by hikeetech, Mar 19, 2010.

1. hikeetech

hikeetech New Member

OMG,I have not been on this site for almost a year!! Great improvement.
    First of all, I know its been discussed a lot and believe me, I did my homework but the question remains.
    I have a 1st generation iPod touch and would like to use skype. I can call out with no problem at all, but I cant talk. The reason I cant talk is obvious, I DONT HAVE A MIC.
    Looking for a functional mic that can go with my 1g touch or any mods to make your own mic.
    Any input is appreciated!!
    (Dont tell me get a Macally iVoice pro/iVoiceIII) you cant buy them anymore!!!
  2. coolpod

coolpod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just type into amazon "ipod touch mic" and you can get one for 3$ and you can talk on skype and hear the other side on speakers. If you want you can get headphones with a built in mic. So have fun!!!
  3. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I hear some people saying that the ipod touch 1g does not recognizes mics on the headphones
  4. hikeetech

hikeetech New Member

Mine is 1G iPod touch. I wouldnt have posted here if $3 was gonna fix the problem.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Aznr00t

Aznr00t New Member

Well I just ordered a Macally iVoice Pro from ebay a few weeks ago.. I think every iPod Touch 1G mic has been discontinued.. D: You gotta look in the used market.
  6. hikeetech

hikeetech New Member

you still got the link? How much did you pay for it if i may.
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    the 1G doesn't work with mics i heard. explain why it doesn't have the Voice Memos app.
  8. Aznr00t

Aznr00t New Member

Mics that plug into the headphone jack do not work on the 1G because the 2G and 3G have an extra pin inside that gives it inline mic support (which the 1G lacks). The dock port, however, does have mic support. Apple did not give the 1G the Voice Memos app because their Headphones with Remote and Mic do not work with it, but other companies such as Macally have developed working mics that plug into the dock port(which work with similar apps such as Audio Memos, as well as Skype, etc.).

Wow the price went up from $75 to over 300$ for some reason...

BUT I found another guy with 9 Macally iVoiceIIIs in stock!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Macally-iVoice-I...er_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item519129815c

The mic quality is better in the iVoiceIII but the iVoicePro has a speaker (echoes though..). Hopefully you have portable speakers that plug into the headphone jack (you can also use headphones).
  9. hikeetech

hikeetech New Member

I cant believe they jacked up the price to even 65$, It used to be 25$ at walmart.

10. Aznr00t

Aznr00t New Member