17 minute install!

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by jimbeam, Sep 2, 2009.

1. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    17 minutes to install snow leopard on my mac mini. Just thought I'd share. It took about 45 minutes on my MacBook. I'm doing a clean bare bones install on the mini (customize & unchecked everything on a freshly erased HD) still very impresive install speed.

I'm in the prosses of deleting everything from it now. Safari, foxfire and plex and or boxee will be the only things installed on it when I'm done. Maybe iTunes and iphotos just incase I might use them.

I have been using it as a media center forever and I figured since I'm upgrading I might as well do a proper media center and cut out all the crap I don't need.
  2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    If you turn on the log when upgrading, you'll see that "reaping old system" (or something to that effect) takes more than half of the time of the upgrade, so your figure lines up with that if its a fresh install.
  3. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'll turn the log on with the next one I do. I have another mini, just needs some TLC first. Optical drive does not work and it will not boot past the apple logo.