16GB Touch Randomly Crashes 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by dacubanheat, Feb 26, 2008.

1. dacubanheat

dacubanheat New Member

I am running version 1.1.3 and did ipodmasters jailbreak with the apps. I am using my ipod and when I go to play a song sometimes it just freezes and enters restore mode. This is extremely annoying as it renders my ipod completely useless until I get home and use ibricker to get it out of restore mode. This has happened 3 times already and I have no idea what is wrong with it. I'm thinking about downgrading to 1.1.2 if this happens again. Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix it?
  2. Superperson

Superperson New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Common problem. Hate it. Luckily, you don't have to restore. On a Mac, just download a program called iNdependence. It'll give you some weird errors, but it'll kick it out of recovery mode. I believe you use iPhuc on a PC to do the same thing, but I'm not sure.
  3. chobosamurai

chobosamurai New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    is there a way to make it so it doesn't crash in 1.1.3?
  4. diogovans

diogovans New Member

Same is happening to my recently upgraded ipod touch 16Gb, i just completed the jailbreak process and now it crashes when i go to the settings for example...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    JB again and use a better method. Used Dev team 1.1.3-3 this time and wokrs great.
  6. dacubanheat

dacubanheat New Member

I upgraded the software on my touch (services, ssh) and it hasn't crashed since. Im just hoping it won't crash again.
  7. diogovans

diogovans New Member

can u post a link to a guide of that method plz
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
  9. diogovans

diogovans New Member

That's the guide i followed and my ipod crashed randomly... i'm going to try the soft upgrader
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I will try to help but give me some more details. There are imortant steps between each JB you must follow! When you get to 1.1.2 use the jailbreak.jar file if on mac. Be sure BSD is installed before 1.1.3. I used the dev team 1.1.3-3 and it's the easiest and most stable I have used.