16GB iPod JB from 1.1.4..Ziphone reliable?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by 7Makaveli, Mar 9, 2008.

1. 7Makaveli

7Makaveli New Member

Ive gone through a lot of threads on this forums and I just wanted to know the success rate of jailbreaking using ziphone 2.5c from 1.1.4.

ipodtouchmasters way seems to get the highest success rate but its such a tedious jailbreak which personally is not worth it since i have all the jan apps already.

I just want to get summerboard and a couple games and if ziphone jb works then its worth it for me to do it. Any suggestions?
  2. XxchopsxX

XxchopsxX New Member

first time i tried to jail break with ziphone 2.5c, *after* the videos and the multi-smash jailbreak button walkthrus came out, it worked first time.

i had to restore it back to 1.1.4 when tried to install the callendar fix because my springboard went into restart loop and wouldnt go back to normal.

since then, ive installed quite a few things and its seem to work out pretty good. ive started putting my music back on there and readding all the album art (even though i know ill have to restore it again when the SDK catches up to us non programmer types).
  3. kentor

kentor New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    this method worked the first time that i tried it. i have a pre-macworld 16 (or 14.8) GB ipod touch. just make sure that you follow the video correctly. When he says that you need to stop somthing.. he means that you need to exit the ziphone utility. if you dont do this then the jailbreak just loops until you stop it.

hope that that helped
  4. Ipodtouchismylife

Ipodtouchismylife New Member

what videos are you talking about?
  5. getisboy

getisboy New Member

works fine. just don't use the backed up settings from itunes if you restore
  6. neonspyder

neonspyder New Member

it's not 100% that it'll work guaranteed on the first few tries, but it has worked for me after tinkering with it. just be sure to install the bsd subsystem and openssh if you ever plan on ssh-ing to your touch.