16gb iPhone or 32gb itouch??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by azrael623, Feb 6, 2008.

1. azrael623

azrael623 New Member

Thread title says it all. I have enough money to buy one or the other but i just cant decide. If i were to buy the iphone i would not use the phone features at all and pretty much just use it as an itouch except it will have bluetooth, speaker, camera, exterior button controls, etc. and the ability to be used as a phone when i get a plan. But is 16gb enough?? Thats where the new itouch comes in with twice the memory!

I just dont know what to do.....if you had the choice which one would you pick and why?

EDIT: When i say without the phone features i means without a phone contract. As far as i know its possible to use and activate an iphone without having to pay a monthly bill. You just arnt able to make calls and such or use EDGE.
  2. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well... I think the 16 is just as good but cheaper and lessmemory and probably skinnier maybe not
  3. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

If the iPhone didnt lock their phones I would. I have heard they are good in everything, but suck as a phone. I didn't say that. I just heard it.
  4. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

depends on if you want to buy the device and pay $60-$100 every month for a cell phone bill , or buy the device and call it good
  5. Azuremen

Azuremen New Member

16gb is not enough for me. However, if wasn't on a phone plan I was fine with (Verizon, my step mother insists on paying for so she can keep track of me) and not paying for, I would consider the iPhone.

But if you aren't going to use the phone feature, I would say no. A new and improved iPhone should be out before the year is over, and it will likely have true goodies like 3G and such.
  6. svtfiveoh

svtfiveoh New Member

I bought my ipod in early Nov from Target.. I took it back today thinking they would give me store credit or tell me to get lost. They end up giving me a full cash refund.
  7. yankeeland

yankeeland New Member

I had a 16g Touch, returned it and purchased the 8g Iphone. The at the time space was not an issue because I own 2 other Ipods. Now there's a 16g Iphone and all of the sudden 8g Iphone its not enough, it's difficult keeping up with Apple. They f***ing pissed me off.
  8. kf6tac

kf6tac New Member

From what I've read, the iPhone is designed so that you can't even use the iPod features without activating and signing up for a phone plan. I've also read that people have, not surprisingly, figured out ways to get around this, but I don't know how difficult or time-consuming the process is, having never tried it myself.
  9. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Why do you feel the need to keep up with Apple? You don't keep up with every new Mercedes model do you?
  10. gremlin

gremlin New Member

crazy situation, would love the phone but it simply aint big enough for all my music and why carry two bricks around?
    Got a 16g pod but seriously thinking of going for the 32 now, it would just about fit in with my needs.
    If they upgrade the phone, then things may be a little different but it would have to be at least 16 g.