169.x.x.x IP at school...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MrPacMan, Jun 5, 2010.

1. MrPacMan

MrPacMan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok... My problem is with my schools wifi.

At school, I use to be able to get on their networks but then one weekend, the IT guy went around assigning every router a password for security from outside... The problem is, I went on my science teachers personal router to give itself the schools DCHP IP so I can use my iPod as a flash drive on the school computers, and when he got to my science teachers class, he couldn't get into the settings [I don't know if I forgot to allow remote access to it still, lol] and my science teacher told him it was me. We had some history... I hacked into my assigned computer in my graphics class, so I can make my computer, more usable, without enabling tons of stuff that students aren't suppose to use (because its shared with 5 other periods), and he got mad about that and then some other stuff other teachers know I can do told him some things... I think he felt intimidated cause he didn't tell the principal (hacking related stuff is suspendable) Anyways... He looked at me with a sort of nasty look and left. After the weekend passed, I came to school, unable to get online with that 169.x.x.x IP assigned, while my friends could...

I can scan the network with Scany, and only find myself in the list with the 169.x.x.x address. When I scan a 10.11.40.x address (which is the IP the school uses) I can see all of the other computers and iPods. I think he just blocked my iPod, because it shows up as Shanes iPod (he knows my name)... :\

I tried getting a mac spoofer from cydia, and tried doing the ifconfig to spoof my mac in mobile terminal, but get an access denied message. What I forgot to mention, was that when I click my science teachers router and hit "renew lease" it works for about 20 seconds, then it says "connecting" with a grayed out screen in safari. I'm a windows user anyways, so I don't know much about that...

Help?

Sorry for the longness I like to tell my story

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Jpon9

Jpon9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Here's what I would do If he did indeed block you.

Reset your iPod, set up as a new iPod, WITH A DIFFERENT NAME!
    Then just put everything back on your iPod from iTunes. Re-Jailbreak if needed, and make sure your notes are backed up (if they are important to you)

I always forget to back up notes.
  3. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Whoa, is there really a need to restore the whole thing? I think iTunes controls the name . . . shouldn't be hard to rename right there from the main iTunes screen.

If this guy blocked your MAC address, you are most likely screwed. If you want to be slick and get on, you can put a USB G dongle in the back of a desktop on the school LAN. Set the G up as a access point, using ICS (internet connection sharing. Then bridge the LAN and G. If you can't hit the internet after doing that, check for a proxy server, otherwise, you are in.
  4. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    KEEP IN MIND:
    you're doing things which are illegal. as you said: you can be suspended for that. schools have the rights to say what students CAN and MUSN'T do with THEIR (=schools) devices.
    they are the owners of the network and everything around that. the admin is the only privileged person who is allowed to do everything with that network.

so if the admin decides to block you out of the schools network you'll have to accept it.

In my personal opinion I REALLY HATE guys like you - this is because I'm the Co-Admin of my schools network. I know the techniques to block out certain devices from a wifi/wired network. it doesn't need to be a single MAC filter - that is the basic way to do it

And if that is the case then you can't do ANYTHING about it. a restore with a new name doesn't give your ipod a new MAC-addy.

So what's about all that mess: again^^ don't try to mess with security measures in local school networks.

you can try the internet sharing thing but I think that would be too much and a day will come where the principal wants to speak with you...:S

//EDIT: don't be too proud of your "story" - you are not the only one who can do things like you mentioned...! There's always someone who is better than you^^ same counts for everyone else

5. MrPacMan

MrPacMan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I wouldn't deny anyone's better than me. I don't praise what I do like other people. If someone says "you're so good at this [computers]" I just brush it off, cause I always know, there's someone whos even just a little, to a whole lot better than me. But I know there's other ways (I just don't know exactly what those other ways are), and a simple name change would definitely not suffice. Thanks for the "help" I guess, but you're also right about no one but the admin can/should be able to control the network...

PS - What I meant about my story, was not to show off anything, I was simply giving a more detailed insight about my problem and how it came to be, along with some other things [I guess]
  6. InvaderZlM

InvaderZlM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So ... No one's figured out how to change the mac address?
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
  8. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  9. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    I agree he blocked your MAC address fake it, MAC addresses are ROM for hardware, you can fake it, but restore wont magically fix it this time. MAC address faker should do id for you. If it dosent then he must have a camera and when he sees you try to connect bump you off as soon as your IP regesters lol

10. MrPacMan

MrPacMan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    f*** =.= lol

Thanks guys, I guess I'm f'ed, but its the summer, so I won't have to really worry about this for 2-3 months. But I'd still like to know how to spoof my iPods mac if anyone knows.