1604 Restore Error?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by bloodfalkon, Mar 14, 2009.

1. bloodfalkon

bloodfalkon New Member

I know someone made a thread about this before but I felt that it should be re posted because myself and a bunch of other people have this problem:

After doing everything asked by the latest untethered jailbreaking for ipod touch 2g software and then going to itunes for the restore this is what happens... "Preparing To Restore Ipod" (stays here for a min or 2), then stops and says "(1604) Restore Error". I Managed to get a log of what happened which is at the bottom of this thread.

List of Softwares Used:
    1. Quickfreedom
    2. Pure Pwnage 3.0 (Logged Problem Attached)

Edit: Well i used 8.01.11 iTunes at first then i upgraded to 8.1 iTunes to see if that would fix it but that didn't. Besides that I have tried quickpwn multiple times until it started giving me the couldn't patch error then i used Pure Pwnage 3.0 which i had to change the file extension to .ipsw from .ispw when it created... Other than that i think my only problem is i need a custom firmware... Another thing i forgot to mention is that this only happens when i use a custom firmware and factory works perfectly fine.

For you really talented ipod jailbreakers and are really experienced, I took the log from trying to restore my ipod and attached it this thread... Please try and see what might of gone wrong =( Me and Everyone else would really appreciate it, Thanks.
  2. unknown1337

unknown1337 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I never really gotten any type of errors while JailBreaking, but I'm guessing its your version of iTunes or something done incorrectly.
  3. Joeyl10

Joeyl10 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you ended anything that has to do with Apple through Task Manager? That always fixed the 1604 errors for me.
  4. bloodfalkon

bloodfalkon New Member

what do i have to end tho and like do i have to do anything with it like: get the error, close itunes, end something, switch usb port, then try again?
  5. ribbles

ribbles New Member

6. amira

amira New Member

7. ribbles

ribbles New Member

Yes, it did help! Your link helped to solve my problem.

I unplugged the USB connector from the port on the FRONT of my computer, and plugged it into a USB port on BACK of computer. It worked instantly. Woot! Thanks a lot for posting that I never would have found it otherwise. Thank you kind sir.
  8. InsertiPodHere

InsertiPodHere New Member

I got the same error when I tried the tethered jailbreak months ago and got the same error I rebuilt the ipsw that didn't work so I redid the patching before restore and it worked.