iOS 3.1 1601 Error...Help please

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Lally9409, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Lally9409

Lally9409 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi i'm on an ipod touch 2g trying to upgrade to 3.1.1 jailbreak, when i go to restore it will say preparing for jailbreak then unknown 1601 error comes up, what am i doing wrong and how can i fix it?
  2. Greekone

Greekone Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    :Try this it worked for me:

1). You get the error. (Of course)
    2). DONT TURN OFF ITUNES. DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE CABLE.
    3). If the phone is still on, reboot/restart the phone. If its off then kick it out of DFU mode which is explained in the NEXT step.
    4). Press and hold the power and home button for some time to kick the phone out of DFU mode.
    5). Itunes will detect it again.
    6). Now try to simple-restore it, that is click on the restore button on itunes while pressing the shift button of your keyboard. YOU WILL GET THE 16XX ERROR AGAIN IN 5 MINS !!!! but dont worry, everything is under control.
    7). now your iPhone will have the picture of the iPhone cable on its screen. good.
    (DONT TURN OFF ITUNES. DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE CABLE.)
    8). NOW put the iPhone it in DFU mode. How? Firstly turn the phone off (it might try to start up on its own again but turn it off again). Once its off, Press and hold the power and home button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but keep the home button pressed for another 10-20 seconds till itunes recognizes your phone.
    9). NOW restore the phone by selecting the pawned custom firmware that you created and you will NOT get the 16xx error.
  3. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    why are you putting it in DFU mode, are people getting this error when they put it in DFU mode only?
  4. Lally9409

Lally9409 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i didn't even need to put into DFU that time thanks!

and kerrwashere, 2 things yes it does appear as though people only get the errors when in DFU
    and, i love the quote in your sig
  5. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  6. DigitalNerd

DigitalNerd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    GRRRRR. Tried so many different things. Just can't seem to restore any firmware version to this 1G iphone. Getting the 1601, 1101, 1602 ect. errors EVERY dang time.

It's just stuck in black screen mode..........

Tried so many suggestions, nothing seems to work. Not even the trusty Mac.........
  7. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Did you try my suggestion?
  8. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try not going into DFU before you restore the 3.1 jailbroken ipsw. That fixed error 1601 for me.

Also make sure you are on a jailbroken 3.0 firmware before updating to 3.1.
  9. DigitalNerd

DigitalNerd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Repeatedly. Seems pretty straight forward? Perhaps I am not doing something right. My PC makes the hardware connecting/disconnecting beeps but nothing shows up on the screen. No white, nothing.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm not sure how to not go into DFU mode. The screen is black and iTunes prompts me to restore every time I connect because it says the iPhone is in recovery mode.

I can hold sleep/power and home for different amount of time and get the iPhone to show up and not show up in iTunes but that is about it. Tried this on 2 different PC's and a Mac.

Got the errors repeatedly on the PC and but then worked first time with the Mac a few days ago. The phone went black and I tried to restore again but keep getting these errors on the Mac or PC.

Thinking about following this guide:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1363?viewlocale=en_US