16 or 32gb touch (newbie)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by FLORIDA747, Feb 28, 2008.

1. FLORIDA747

FLORIDA747 New Member

HI everyone, just hoping to get some answers if you would be so kind

Please Register or Log in to view images

I want to put my cd collection on to a pod to free up much needed room (so i can put cd's in the loft) i was looking at a classic ipod untill i saw the touch, which looks brilliant!
    As already stated i want to put my cd collection on to it and using a dock connect into my av amp.
    I would not be using it as a mobile accessory, just for inddoor music.
    So can you suggest a dock with remote control that will work with touch? do not need a big speaker thing as it will run through my amp and bose speakers.
    I can probably get my collection onto 16gb but may go for 32gb for future music.
    Also what is this jailbreak thing i keep seeing in threads? sorry im very green to ipods

Please Register or Log in to view images

I look forward to your help and comments,

Cheers
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you are just going to hook it to your stereo why not buy a iPod video with way more drive space?
  3. FLORIDA747

FLORIDA747 New Member

as stated very green! what is a ipod video? does it look as cool as the touch?
  4. CCBalla10

CCBalla10 New Member

Well I have a 32gb touchthat I'm using to type this message and love the space. I am waiting for 1.1.4 jailbreak from Zibri. As for jailbreaking I would go to youtube and search for jailbroken iPod touches to see what awesome things they can do
  5. FLORIDA747

FLORIDA747 New Member

what is a jail break?
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Not nearly as cool but a great device. The go up to over 100 GB and cost less! I have a couple 60 GB video ipods I use for various things. I like to take my iPod Touch when I fly to watch movies on a little bigger screen than the video. Not sure of a great dock for iPod Touch yet but I know there are some really good ones for the other models. I got an Apple TV which runs through my receiver so I don't need a dock anymore.
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    When you jailbreak the ipod touch it allows you to add extra applications that Apple doesn't offer plus the ability to customize the icons and such.
  8. x6blues

x6blues New Member

if u are using it primarily for the stereo and all this, ud want the extra space so go for the classic. here is a pic, http://www.apple.com/ipodclassic/, so just go with this, either way u will need an accessory which u can find at a local electronics store. there is also a way to have ur car stereo, a modern one, that is able to play ur ipod accessory free, maybe one usb cord thats it, attached to the stero, or the SYNC system microsoft has with some cars have. u would need to read up on it by my brother just bought a radio for christmas and it had all this....
  9. tlknocke

tlknocke New Member

When you're buying your iPoT, look for what you're going to use it for.

I use mine for the applications and podcasts.

No matter what size iPoT you buy, it has the same amount of space for applications.

So if you want the iPot for its apps, buy the 8gb.

If you want it for music, videos, and pictures: the 32 gb.
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    My iPod videos hook to the system in my BMW and I can control it through the steering wheel but my iod Touch does not.