16 GB iTouch w/ BSD error wont turn off!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by KR3DO, Mar 1, 2008.

1. KR3DO

KR3DO New Member

Hey guys,

My friend recently gave me his 16 gb ipod to jailbreakl it. I have done it several times with the iphone. not realizing that the memory actually made a diffrence i used ziphone to jailbreak it. Now i have the BSD root error and looked around for a way to fix it. I found out how to fix it. The only problem is....I cant get the itouch to turn off. I held down the home and sleep button toghether for like over and housr and nothing. Any ideas? Should i let the battery die? please help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Lol...

Hold both of the buttons to turn it off, if that doesnt work, then just drain the battery.

Use the guide, or use my video to restore... (In signature)

Good Luck!!
  3. DarkPaus

DarkPaus New Member

I think you messed up a bit the iPod. ZiPhone was made for iPhone, not iPod Touch, tough it also works with iTouch, it MUST be 8 GB, if you use ZiPhone for 16 or 32 you WILL mess up your iPod. Just go into recovery mode, restore and use any other jailbreak method, I recommend Ipodtouchmaster's if you want 2 get 1.1.3 with free apps. It's pretty good and it doesn't have many issues

Please Register or Log in to view images

If you have any inquiries about this JB method PM me, I've gone many times into this process already, and it's pretty good.

Good luck
  4. Dloader Girl

Dloader Girl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ipodtouchmaster does not have a jailbreak for 1.1.3. Its a soft upgrade TO 1.1.3 which basically means you're running 1.1.2 pretending to be 1.1.3 .
  5. KR3DO

KR3DO New Member

I have been up all night trying to figure out what i did wrong. I let my friend borrow my 80gb classic till i figure it out. It appears to me that the home button does not respond. I have held both the home and sleep button down toghehter until my arms almost fell off, yet nothing happeend just the same scrolling bsd error.
    So i beg of anybody that knows, is there a way to force the ipod into recovery mode without touching the home button, or a way to restore it to any version of firmware without the home button? I also let it die but since the home button does not seem to be responding......yeah same error came back.
  6. tootricky

tootricky New Member

search for bsd error. It is easily corrected and has been discussed thousand of times already.
  7. KR3DO

KR3DO New Member

Yes i was up all night searcing. i know how to fix bsd error. its just physically impossible for me to put it in restore mode when the home button is not responding.

It might be "bricked" although not the usually type of bricked. Ill post a video on youtube when i get home from work.
  8. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    plug it into the computer, hold both buttons, until apple logo appears then let go of the sleep button.

i know you said the home button is not responsive but its worth trying.
  9. KR3DO

KR3DO New Member

10. KR3DO

KR3DO New Member

still cant get it working. is there any program out there that can force my ipod into recovery mode? ither than ziphone. it doesnt seem like my computer can even detect my ipod :[[ bye bye $400