$1299 Macbook backlit keyboard

Discussion in 'October 14, 2008 Event' started by downhiller2010, Oct 15, 2008.

1. downhiller2010

downhiller2010 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Why did apple decide not to have a backlit keyboard on the $1299 model? I mean its not a huge deal, but its weird that its not included..
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wow. I only just noticed that. The more expensive model has it, but not the cheaper model

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

there's light from the screen anyways... don't see a reason for lighted keyboard besides looking cool.... I mean I don't look at my keyboard whilst typing
  4. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You don't want a bright light when typing in the dark... it blinds you. When I'm typing in the dark, my brightness setting is one 1, therefore, the light from the screen isn't sufficient enough to see the keyboard. I don't need the light, but it does sometimes help me as I sometimes look at the keyboard, and knowing where they keys are is a good thing
  5. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I do, I want it so I dont blind myself while straining my eyes in the dark, and so it looks COOL
  6. downhiller2010

downhiller2010 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I just think it was stupid it wasnt included...well theres one more reason i need the 2.4
  7. arnopoulos119087

arnopoulos119087 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Its so that apple can make more money. For example on an apple you can't switch out the proccessor for a faster one, its just a cheap ajustment to make the costumer pay more though out the years for his products.
  8. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Because they have to have some gimmick to make you want the more expensive one... I know it sounds bad but its true, even though apple is not the only company that does this. Its actually quite common in...everything.

Unless there is a option to turn off the illumination then it could actually be a good thing not having it, just means you will get more from your battery even if it isn't much....