128GB iPod Touch to come?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sanga282, Aug 16, 2010.

1. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    While on the face of things this may seem an outlandish an almost moronic title for a thread there may be some weight to this theory, as far as i understand it the iPod Touch 3G has 2x32GB NAND Flash chips in allowing a 64GB capacity correct? Seeing as how in December Toshiba unveiled their 64GB single flash chip and San Disk did it in February of this yeah then it (potentially) stands to reason that we could see an iPod logic board embedded with 2x64GB NAND Flash chips. Its unlikely and will probably be outlandishly expensive were it to happen but what say you? Would you like to see one? Do you think its somewhat plausible? And how much would you happily pay for one of these?
  2. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Yes, it would be outlandishly expensive.

It would be cool.

But I'd rather see the iPod classic get something like that, make it very thin and awesome and full of memory. More possible with the classic because it has much cheaper components.

The iPod touch would just cost too much with it though.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I'd love to see one, though I have my doubts since Apple didn't even upgrade the iPhone 4s with 64gb memory.
  4. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Well the iPhone got 500x new features with the 4, AND all for the same price, so they didn't really NEED to upgrade the memory...
  5. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I hope it does, but I don't know if they will. After all, they didn't double the iPhone 4's memory did they?? I wonder if they'll have enough space and what not after they incorporate the dual cameras.
  6. Zune Killa

Zune Killa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'd like something at least as big as my zune, 80gb
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, the iPod Touch 4 will most likely be getting the same features as the iPhone 4 (minus the 5mpx camera and HD recording) so I don't think that should make a difference. Some people do use their iPhone as their primary music device, so I wouldn't say that it's not needed.
  8. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Edited;

128gb, woah - awesomness, think of what you can store!
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

My music collection doesn't even fit on my 64gb. I have to choose certain playlists, though I'd love to have my whole music collection.
  10. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Ok then

Please Register or Log in to view images

Spose if you had THAT MASSIVE amount of music, then its understandable. But very expensive! $£