12 Year Old App Store Story

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Will3942, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Will3942

Will3942 Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    My Story 4 Months In

Hi,

My name is Will Evans, I'm 12 years old and I live in the UK. On December the 10th I had finished coding my first application Stick Suicides! which I then submitted to the App Store. Me and my Dad went through all the hard processes of signing up waiting a few days for the activation email. Scouring the house for banking information and then finding we hadn't entered it correctly! We got it finally correct and then looked on forums around the Internet and it said it can be a few weeks for the information to be accepted. Me being adventurous logged back into iTunes Connect and checked the status and the green tick had appeared, I shouted to my Dad and he came running. He said, "Wow" and I couldn't believe it was that quick! I then decided to try my luck submitting my application! I went through the description and title, keywords and price! I then refreshed the page and it was still Waiting For Review! I thought , "Oh well at least it's submitted and ready!" The next day I wa at school and I came home, launched iTunes Connect and there it was Ready For Sale! I almost fell of my chair with excitement! I told my Dad and he was very impressed! I said, "By next year, I hope I will have sold 100 apps!" He thought it was a high expectation! The next day I got my first Sales Report! I had sold 20! I was so pleased. A few weeks later I released Stick Death Clips which was also selling 20 a day! I then released MW2 Companion which sold 10 a day and 20 at weekends! By now I was selling 40+ a day! I had been paid for December, January and Febuary I an awaiting March's Financial Reports! I have just released iTodo! Visit my website

willevansapps[dot]co[dot]uk

By now I have made: £1236 ($1877)

I have sold: 3016

Thanks,

Will Evans

P.S Subscribe to my feed by visiting [removed]

Support me by visiting my website ^^
    And Buying my applications!
  2. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have seen a few of your applications, and they are somewhat good for your age. One recommendation for you would be to increase the interface appeal. Do some research on complimentary colours and try to find colours that blend with eachother. For example, a dark orange background with a light orange interface. The black, red, and green one that you have on one of your applications is quite offputting to be honest.

If you really want to make sales on your applications, you should also try having some more interactive applications rather than having just static apps like you have now.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    That amazing keep it up
  4. Will3942

Will3942 Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    @SpeedyApocalypse Feedback is always helpful thanks!

@jmwerkus Thanks

5. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Hmm. The App store seems to be an easy buck.

I'ma maybe get into development soon.
  6. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Wow are you serious, a 12 year old earning almost 2000 dollars in 3 months. o.o. I gotta learn. Oh and by the way, December the 10th = my birthday/. lol
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    We should start together -.-
  7. linkiboy

linkiboy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    "easy buck?"

Sure, easy if you already have knowledge of programming... and ideas for apps.
  8. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It might take a few months to learn but hey.. if it helps my buy my own Xbox 360 games, I'll go for it.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh and will, rock on, hope you get more succesfull. You have inspired me.
  9. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    That's why I'm planning on spending this summer learning up on iPhone development. It's always been an interest of mine, why not apply it, and earn money?
  10. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Don't leave me out