1080P HD Video on my iPod.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GRMrGecko, Oct 20, 2009.

?

Should Apple Release HD Adapter?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. I don't care

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GRMrGecko

GRMrGecko Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello, I was able to play 1080P on my iPod Touch 3G using VLC, I couldn't get it on there by iTunes as iTunes says you can't copy it unless it's 480P. But if you copy it using PhoneView or SSH it'll play using VLC and play real nice no problems, lags, or anything. I used top to find out how much CPU it's using and it said 20%. I haven't tested battery life other then watching a 2:24 minute video from the HD area of QuickTime Guide and it was from 98% to 98% at the end. I say if apple wants to get rid of people buying a Zune HD because it plays HD, they should come out with a $5-$30 adapter that takes 1080P from the iPod to HDMI out and maybe add HDMI recording so you can record HD tvshows to watch on the go.

What's your idea on this?
  2. theflexxxman

theflexxxman Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    "I say if apple wants to get rid of people buying a Zune HD because it plays HD, they should come out with a $5-$30 adapter that takes 1080P from the iPod to HDMI out and maybe add HDMI recording so you can record HD tvshows to watch on the go.
    " sounds like a good idea i would not mind
  3. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i dwnloaded an hd movie with itunes. itunes automatically downloaded an sd version for my ipod and an hd version dor my comp. i found the sd on my comp., bu cant find the hd. where does itunes put it.
  4. GRMrGecko

GRMrGecko Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    When you download HD on iTunes, it downloads both SD and HD. If your computer is 2GHz it'll work but if not it'll use the SD version. Your iPod's max is I believe is 640x480. I was able to get 1920x816 video on my iPod Touch 3G, which is Jailbroken, and play it using VLC4iPhone which can be found in Cydia; of course it scales it down, but it's amazon how it was able to play it when they say on the site 640x480 is max.

After all of that, you can find the HD video by right clicking on the video in iTunes and choosing Show in Finder. It'll have both the SD and HD in the same directory.