100% Jailbreak for iPod Touch 8GB With Apps and Summerboard

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by grmiller, Feb 27, 2008.

1. grmiller

grmiller Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    THIS IS ONLY FOR IPOD TOUCH 8GB

The guide is under your own will and not mine: "DO AT YOUR OWN RISK"

1) Restore your ipod touch 8GB to the 1.1.4 update.
    2) Now when it restarts and the itunes screen shows restore old ipod. Power off your ipod.
    3) Now Disconnect your ipod from the connecter and than hold down the Home Button and reconnect the ipod the PC still holding down the home button than this should go into restore mode. Than when the itunes shows up and says ipod needs to restore.
    4) Click in itunes disconnect ipod and than close itunes.
    5) Goto: http://www.downloadziphone.org/win and download this. and Install
    6) Than when you have Ziphone 2.4 installed it will open up.
    7) Click on Jailbreak button only and when it is done it will reboot your ipod and that is all!

100% Jailbroken 1.1.4 iPod Touch 8GB

Now goto installer and install:
    1) BSD Subsystems 2.1
    2) OpenSSH
    Now power off your ipod and than turn back on and goto SSH and go into the ipod and in:
    /System/Library/Coresystem/ Edit the systemversion.plist and almost at the end you will see 1.1.4 change it to 1.1.3 and than goto the installer and install: Summerboard and after that you can go back to the systemversion.plist file and reedit it and change back to 1.1.4 and the summerboard will work 100%

For the Apps and Wiggly stuff. Goto: installer and Sources and edit and than Add:
    http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo
    That is all and goto installer and install the apps for 1.1.4 and all the other stuff you want.

REMEBER THIS IS ONLY FOR IPOD TOUCH 8GB. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE MADE TO YOUR IPHONES OR IPOD TOUCH (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR QUESTION PM ME AND I CAN HELP

ALSO IF YOU LIKE YOU CAN DONATE IN PAYPAL: grmiller@proyectosie.com
  2. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    thanks, ill try this now, will get back to you...

EDIT : Yeah it works fine, haven't edited the plist yet thought, installing bsd subsystem atm. thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT 2 : the link to the ipod touch master repo doesn't work:s

EDIT 3 : yeah it does work, just need to add .xml to the end of the link
    http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml
  3. boban100

boban100 New Member

thx

it works for 16gb too!!!!!
  4. maskov1

maskov1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think you have luck ... zibree is working on support 16/32 gb itouchs
  5. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah i think it works on the 8gb and 16gb that were released first... the 16 and 32gb that were released after (the newer ones that have been out since the news about the 32gb) have something thats been changed a little...
  6. Doggkor

Doggkor New Member

i have an 8gb touch manufactured relatively recently and none of the ziphone programs work for it.
  7. Pegaso

Pegaso Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so this way works for the 16 Gb ipod i got mine on October, so this should work ? i want some confirmation please, and if try the same but whit restore to 1.1.3 instead of 1.1.4 it will work ?
  8. deepblue

deepblue New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Where can i get ZiPhone 2.4? I only have 2.5...

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I used the step up to JBing using ziphone, but to install the summerboard, I went to the installer and install the 1.1.4 compatibility which masks your firmware so that you can install 1.1.3 apps (you can check in settings\about on iPod Touch to see that your firmware reads 1.1.3 instead of 1.1.4) and then I went and install the summerboard. Right after installing it, I removed the 1.1.4 compatibility so that it reads 1.1.4 again.
    NOW, my question is... what happens if I synced my iPod Touch in iTunes? I'd just jailbroken my iPod Touch 4 hours ago and I've installed a bunch of stuff into it. I'm kinda worried that if I sync my iPod Touch, all those apps would crash or get deleted or whatever.. so please someone help me by giving me confirmation whether it's safe for me to sync or not. Thanks a lot!
  10. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    for some reason summerboard doesn't seem to be working. i jailbroke 1.1.4 day it came out and i got summerboard working (by editing the verizon) but know for some reason it doesn;t work..... maybe its cuz i rejailbroke it when when ziphone 2.5 came out..... hmm gonna go c if i still have 2.4 installed adn try jailbreaking with that again.