10 Promo Codes for TanZen!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Delirium39, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Delirium39

Delirium39 New Member

Hello, I'm the developer of the game, TanZen. I've got ten promo codes to give out for the full version of the game. These codes (available for the U.S. store only!) are going to the first ten people who email me a screenshot of the first page of completed puzzles from the free version of the game, TanZen Lite. When you have completed all nine puzzles on page one of the game, take a screen capture, and email it to me at support@littlewhitebearstudios.com. The first ten people get a promo code to the full version, which includes over 400 puzzles!

And please, nobody post screenshots here, as any submissions using said screenshots will be considered invalid. Let's have some good clean fun here!

Good luck, and happy puzzling!
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's too bad--I just bought it a few minutes ago, and I had completed all of the puzzles in the Lite version. But, TanZen is still an awesome piece of software, and the full version is great (although it has an overwhelmingly large number of puzzles, haha).

By the way, two quick suggestions:

• If at all possible, could you make the pieces snap into place a bit? I've had trouble with overlapping pieces from time to time (nothing big, just an inconvenience).

• If you could implement multitouch turning (grab the edges of a piece with two fingers, and rotate), the game would be a little easier (and add polish!).

Overall though, I love this game. It's just too bad I missed this opportunity by 10 minutes, haha.
  3. Delirium39

Delirium39 New Member

Doh! Bad timing! But thank you for purchasing the game!

I do get this request from time to time. TanZen was designed from the start to be different than the other tangram games available on the web. The other games were all very "computery" in feel, forcing pieces into certain places, and jumping all over the place after each move, taking away from the natural challenge that a real tangrams set provides. TanZen is designed to not feel like a video game, and more like a peaceful activity, where the player has complete control over piece movement, and their progress through the game. But I do understand how some players would like things to snap, and I am always investigating ways to improve the interface, yet still keep with the same feel that has made the game so popular.

Actually, that's sort of how it used to work. Unfortunately, most of the pieces are too small to grab both sides of a piece. Originally, the selection ring that appears around a piece required two fingers to turn, like a steering wheel, which is very close to what you're suggesting. Most people hated using two fingers, so I switched it to single finger rotation.
  4. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    my brother has already bought the full game but i have gotta say it is a good game, also it is so worth the price (to anyone out there wondering if they are going to buy it) because it has soo many puzzles which will keep you going for a long long time. Thanks for the game, its great!
  5. Delirium39

Delirium39 New Member

Great to hear, thanks! And there's always more puzzles coming with updates. The game currently has 4x the content it had when it came out. The current puzzles should easily last several weeks of daily play.
  6. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've had this game since it first came out, and absolutely rave about it all the time.
    I know you get the requests for "snapping" the tiles into place. Please please please NEVER include that in your game. This feature alone is what separates the men from the boys if you will

Please Register or Log in to view images

If you really have to add it in due to popular demand, please at least have an option to not turn it on.
    I also very much like your control scheme...
    I guess all this to say please don't make any changes to the gameplay.
    You can keep adding colours and puzzles, but your controls and no snapping are top notch.

Yours is the best app of the bunch, no contest.
  7. Delirium39

Delirium39 New Member

Thank you! Rest assured, the current way the game works will always be an option (and most likely, the default). I believe the other games are entirely too easy, which is why people tend to finish them in a matter of hours. They have too many easy filler puzzles to boost their puzzle count, and controls that help too much in solving the puzzles. TanZen is supposed to be challenging, and really work the mind. It's as close as I could get to real tangrams, all in your pocket. I am really glad you like the game so much!
  8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Good idea! I would surely enter, but once again Canadians are left behind. First, iTunes gift cards can't be used to purchase applications and next, the voucher/promo codes don't work for us. Great advertising idea too!
  9. JustCallMeCloud

JustCallMeCloud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Seems like your going to have a hard time finding someone to give those promos to. I would try to get one, but I already bought the game

Why don't you just add a bunch of different color pieces instead of doing a couple at a time?

Well thank you, love the game

10. Delirium39

Delirium39 New Member

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. Hopefully Apple will open things up to other countries soon!