10,000 letter post limit

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by AlliPodHax, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i have a little problem, i am redoing my thread for installer sources and came across a limit of 10,000 characters, i always knew of the 10 character minimum so i tried making more than that and ended up with 11,273 characters in 1 post, its a record here i think, also the main reason i posted this is because,

could a super mod, regular mod or bgizzle let me write more letters to it, i am not even halfway done yet with the thread i expect it to be 25,000-30,000 big, so please help me!!

Cheers,
    Ben.

P.S. The Thread Is Here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8180
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Why not just create a page in the Wiki and post a link to that in the thread?
  3. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Because its more complicated isnt it, why not just put the max words up to like 30,000
  4. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    first of all, watch your attitude.

secondly, it doesn't make sense to create such monolithic forum posts.

content can either be split over two or more posts, or can be posted on the wiki, which is more suited for this type of information.
  5. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I cant cut it into two different ones because there's already like 163 posts or something also in the wiki making everything so simple, and I don't want every person who thinks he knows about a certain source and then he deletes it or something and then people don't know what's going on, please just make it to 20,000 or something no one is going to abuse it, so don't worry, also skylerEC I PMed you about changing the name could you please do it.

Cheers,
    Ben
  6. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    if someone makes inappropriate changes to the wiki, i can revert them. as stated, the post limit will remain 10,000. if you need more space, use the wiki.

that's the final answer. thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.