1 in a 1000th chance

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by imnouser, Oct 3, 2008.

1. imnouser

imnouser Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    hi, this is my first thread so let me know if im not up to date with anything...

I got my new ipod touch about a month ago, i was so excited because i had been saving up for it for weeks. the minute i got it i took it ot of the box and turned it on, the connect to itunes symbol was on, but the backlight wasn't, although i was so excited i didn't notice. later i remembe hearing that all mobile phones and ipods come in the box half charged, but my friend re-assured me that they don't always. anyway l8r on when i am setting it up i find on itunes it is showing up but the name was: "sending workout data to nike plus.com" and on the ipod it was still showing the connect to itunes. eventually it starts working and i am putting music and vids on it and stuff, but the summary page isnt showing up. i left it to charge for a while, and took it off and started to use it, this is where it all started. i pressed the home button and the freezed. then the apple logo came up, then a white screen, i connected it up to the computer and after an hour or so it started working again. to make a long story short, the ipod froze several times more and started flick between connect to itunes screen, apple logo and plain white after each half second or so. we took it back, they ran diagnostics (did i spell that rite?) and found the battery was screwed so that screwed the whole thing up. i now have a new one, that works (YAY!)

i just want to know if this has happened to anyone else, and if so, what did you do??
    cyaz

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Good for you, you could have restored, and remeber don't jailbreak

3. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    dont jailbreak?? WTF!?!?
  4. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yeah
    well its up to him if he wants to or not
    and we should just keep our opinions to ourselves
  5. imnouser

imnouser Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    well,i did actually put it in retore mode and plug it into the cm, but nothing happened after that, i am afraid that it was (i think this is the right term) bricked..... btw, im not gonna jailbreak, after all this, if this other ipod decides to pack it on me than i dont think applewill help if its jailbroken...
  6. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Good, cause apple won't cover for jailbreak.
    Now don't get me wrong, i'm not against jailbreaking, i just don't want to put my iPod touch at risk of brick and coverage void.
  7. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    OMG. YOU CANNNOT BRICK YOUR IPOD BE JAILBREAKING.

not by accident.

need to return it to apple? RESTORE.
  8. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Aside from all caps and bold type, I agree with Totally 1337.

For me (Jailbroken 2.0.2), my iPod is more stable and a lot more fun. Mobile Substrate keeps your iPod more stable and sometimes even prevents it from crashing by using its "safe mode."