1 gen touch with skype-bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ultima2003, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Ultima2003

Ultima2003 New Member

With skype coming tomorrow,and 1 gen users not being able attach headphones with mic, what about a bluetooth option?

Could I purchase a bluetooth adapter for the dock connector and use a bluetooth earset?

Going overseas this friday, without cell service. This would be great without having to use the laptop exclusively for skype.

Cheers,
    Dave
  2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    doesnt belkin have a pretty reliable 1g mike? or am i thinked of some1 else?
  3. bomplext

bomplext New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Just so you know most places over seas don't have a ton of open wireless hot spots.
  4. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper New Member

I'd really like to know if anyone has experience with using a bluetooth adaptor & earpiece/mic with the 1G Touch as well. The iVoice seems like it would be kind of clunky. The Sony Bluetooth Wireless Transmitter for iPod (Black) along with any bluetooth cell phone headset would be great. If only we knew it worked!
  5. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have the IVoice III and its not near as clunky as it seems. I mean sure, your not gonna leave it plugged in all the time because of its size, but the quality is superb. I use it to record band practice, and for Voip and it works so good for both. You can also plug in your headphones with the mic still plugged in. So when I'm talking I just use my plane earbuds and it works great!

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Macally iVoice III Microphone:1994720139
  6. Ultima2003

Ultima2003 New Member

thanks dragomer

I appreciate the info. I think I will try this.

Dave
  7. cuffydog

cuffydog New Member

Dragomer, Can you explain how you use it for Voip? (Which service/app) are you using? Also, would it work to have a Bluetooth dongle and a BT headset? Has anyone got this working?

thanks
  8. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The problem with most mics is that they were designed with the iPod Classic (Video iPod) in mind. So, the mic covers the headphone port on the iPod touch. The iVoice, though, looks like it would not. Currently, the Belkin TuneTalk stereo mic that I have works for voice memos and similar things but when I call someone it is impossible to have a conversation because the headphone port is covered.
  9. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I use Fring. Its a a free app that lets you make free calls. The reliability is not always the best with the free calls, but it does work. You can also use it with skype. Thats what I do the most. You would have to buy credits to use it with skype though. If anyone wants further details just PM me.

I have heard of people use the BT dongle, but I have not done it personally.

Yes the Ivoice III does not block the headphone jack. It works great, and is the cheapest, most reliable, and one of the few that you can buy that does not block it. The recording quality is amazing. I use it to record song ideas, jam sessions, and band/ orchestral practice.
  10. NINJ4

NINJ4 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It would be pretty sweet if someone could confirm the usability of the bluetooth dongle, because I already have bluetooth headsets, and the dongle on amazon someone already posted looks like a much smaller and more stylish option than having a big microphone with earbuds, even if it is considerably more expensive.

/me subscribes to this thread in hope.

Please Register or Log in to view images