1.2 on 1.1.4...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by consume1, Mar 19, 2008.

1. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1.2 on 1.1.4...(Updated with pics) I GOT THE CALENDAR SETTINGS TO WORK

I was able to get some of the preferences to show up on my ipod (1.1.4) including the parental controls and the new calendar cell in settings-iPod.plist. However, none of them actually lead to anything when i tap on them. I figured it was because 1.2.0 has some newer preference bundles and newer frameworks, which they did so i added them to my ipod. The only thing stopping me from getting them to work is that the parental controls require usage of the passcode lock but for some reason, thats not working either. Any ideas? I can upload my prefereces.app but it would be useless unless you have the preference and framework files from the aspen simulator. Actually, i think i know the reason, its because there are some newer files in the /usr directory, but if i were to replace them with the ones on the ipod, and something went wrong would i still be able to restore?
    Examples:

Attached Files:

2. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I updated it with pictures..
  3. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    are you doing this using the files from aspen platform in the SDK ?

I would also be willing to paste the folder found in the SDK but not sure where it will bring me. probably to restore the ipod.
  4. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes people..i do not have the 1.2ispw however the prefs and frameworks in the simulator are frameworks that will be seen in the newer release of the firmware coming out in june. You'll see frameworks such as calculate.framework and opengl.framework (guess what they are for) . All you need to get these things to work are to get all the dependencies they need in the right places.
  5. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I GOT THE CALENDAR SETTING TO WORK. Next on my list is getting the parental controls to work. The reason you see two calendar cells is because i accidentally stuck two of them in the settings-ipod.plist. I fixed it afterward.

Attached Files:

6. grizzjr1

grizzjr1 Member

Nice job man. I thought about trying this the other day, but I just didn't want to put any time into it. Lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok, little advice. Do not mess with the power manadgement bundle. iPod no more recognize by itune and won't charge anymore. Had to restored and I am back to normal.
    Hopefully you will manage to get this working.
  8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
  9. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    looky here peeps...

Attached Files:

10. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well i've been working on getting the parental settings to actually work but fornow it will just be something to showoff.....

Attached Files: