1.1.4 wont work

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by thetetrisaddict, Mar 22, 2008.

1. thetetrisaddict

thetetrisaddict New Member

Hey guys,
    so I just got a new 8gig ipod touch, my last one was defective, and the one before, etc,
    and I connected it to itunes, it was all weird with the 1.1.4(not even hacked)
    it lagged, froze, I couldnt even type anything, use notes, etc, So I restored. Same problem.

so I opened up ziphone, put it into DFU mode, and now its at good ol' 1.1.1 lol.

so anyway, how can I get it to 1.1.4 without it being gay, and not having to send it in or wait for the 2.0 (or fork over $99 for 1.2). at the moment, I could give a f*** about hacks, I honestly just want an ipod touch that works. any similar problems and solutions?
    Many thanks

-Thetetrisaddict
  2. kimt08

kimt08 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    since it's not working well and you havent even hacked it, why not return it and get a new one? just a thought.
  3. johnytsunami

johnytsunami New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you could try 2 download the firmware 1.1.4 and before u jailbreak it put it in dfu mode and then restore it and then use ziphone 2 jb it do this so ur keyboard doesnt freeze up
  4. thetetrisaddict

see original post

well its effed up without jailbreaking it, so I doubt it will be any better jailbroken
  5. johnytsunami

johnytsunami New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    then dont just download the firmware 1.1.4 and ziphone and click ond dfu mode and use the shift restore method and dont jailbreak just restore if it doesnt work cause same sh*t happened 2 me but i used this method if it doesnt work then ur sh*t is fuked up
    1 person likes this.
  6. thetetrisaddict

hmm, okay. I think I misread the first time. That makes sense now. I'll go and try that.

EDIT: ughhh this is going to be a looooong download. its a huge file, but I guess it will be worth it if my ipod works.
  7. thetetrisaddict

thanks soo soo much. that helped. =)

sorry to double post, but now I have a new problem.
    none of my notes save.
    whenever I try to make a new note, it never saves.
    notes is one of my most used apps, so I cant really go without them. does anyone know what to do? (jailbroken 1.1.4)
  8. mike999

mike999 New Member

lsn't there an UPDATE button in your itunes. You normally just click on that to update to the latest firmware.
  9. thetetrisaddict

did you even read the posts?

f*** you.

EDIT:nevermind I fixed the problem myself, I just deleted my notes folder under the library in SSH.

mods please close this thread, or whatever you guys do to keep this board clean.

-Thetetrisaddict
  10. mike999

mike999 New Member

Your too sensitive mate.
    Looks like you might be GAY after all.