1.1.4. upgrade???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by tome0330, Jul 15, 2008.

1. tome0330

tome0330 New Member

is there a way to upgrade from 1.1.1. to 1.1.4. without loosing apps, music, photos, videos
  2. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
  3. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you'll lose your jailbroken apps. i don't think music and videos or photos though.

so in other words, NO!
  4. tome0330

tome0330 New Member

music, photos and videos are important to me, apps are not, does anyone know for sure that i won't loose them and what upgrade method sholud i use to keep music,photos and videos
  5. Zeratul001

Zeratul001 New Member

I am not 100% sure on this, whether it works or not, i haven't tried it.

If you have the Cute FTP, you can copy the files and stuff from your ipod onto your deskop, or anywhere else on your computer. You could prolly, after you copy them, and upgrade your ipod, copy them back into the folders?

I have not done this at all or tested it, so i don't know if it will work or not.

If anything, you would at least know what programs you want to look for when your putting the applications back onto your ipod.
  6. iTouch_PR_14

iTouch_PR_14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    well there is a program called Media Widget which i used to do so. I used the program to transfer all my songs and videos to my PC. Then i used the Shift+Restore method and updated to 1.1.4. Then i selected all my folders of music and videos and dragged them back to my iPod and it worked fine.