1.1.4 to 2.0.1 Custom ISPW Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by upd, Aug 11, 2008.

1. upd

upd New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    1.1.4 to 2.0.1 Custom IPSW Help

Question: I have yet to purchase the 2.0 firmware. However, I *******ed 2.0.1 and winpwned it. I used ZiPhone to put my iPod in DFU mode, which was much easier than the timing thing, and when I restore shift+click I get error 1601. So my question is, since I have not purchased 2.0.0, is this the reason why I can't put 2.0.1 pwned on my iPod?
  2. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    First off it's "ipsw" secondly you need to do a restore with 2.0 firmware then do a restore with the 2.1 firmware you pwned and make sure you pwned itunes.
  3. upd

upd New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    So I NEED to buy 2.0 then? Ugh, I don't want to spend any money...haha
  4. Gatzy118

Gatzy118 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If the 2.0.1 is an original firmware, not custom then you can restore to that instread.
  5. Laser

Laser New Member

You can easily get 2.0 for free, just download the file off of http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and save it to (vista) C:\Users\%User%\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
    then itll automatically download the real 2.0.1 file for you, and you can pwn it yourself with Winpwn.

Btw: Ziphone never correctly placed my iPod in DFU Mode... remember, if your screen is not completely black then you are in restore mode, not DFU.
  6. upd

upd New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Well I now fixed it. I ended up purchasing 2.0.1.

ZiPhone appears to not work with 2.0 or later, at least as far as issuing commands such as recovery, dfu, and normal modes. When I started this thread I was on 1.1.4 JB and could put my iPod into DFU directly.

Contrary to what I read, it appears that 1.1.4 didn't support DFU mode, or at least, I could never get it to work. Now that I'm on 2.0.1, its actually very easy to put it in DFU mode. I just counted to ten slowly in my head...I've put my iPod in DFU mode three times now it's really not that hard.

Oh yes, and thanks for all the help. I've been out of the community for a while and didn't really pay attention when Apple released 2.0 to the jailbreaking part.
  7. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

?Have u tried DFU mode? I have a tutorial in my sig.
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Ziphone does not work properly with 2.X
  9. upd

upd New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Please read:

Thank you...