1.1.4 stability versus 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by dieselboy27, Apr 10, 2008.

1. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

I'm a new iPod Touch owner and I'm currently using 1.1.2 firmware with it jailbroken. I have alot of applications and email etc. setup. I actually bought it this way from someone on craigslist. I would like to know if I update it to 1.1.4 will it be more or less stable? Are the improvements worth the hassle of updating to this new firmware? Also, is there a way to quickly reinstall all my applications, email settings, bookmarks back onto my phone? It seems like a daunting task. The only couple of things I saw that I liked were the wiggly icons and I'm hoping it has copy/paste feature.. oh and the new page flip gui. Thanks for helping a newb out.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    1.1.4 is very stable, all you have to do is do it properly which most people don't. There is a new App out called Pwnage which we are working with the build custom firmware so that you can include all the apps when you update with iTunes. However, right now it's in the later development stages so it's not quite ready yet.
  3. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I agree that 1.1.4 JB is extremely stable. For me, everything I have installed has worked flawlessly w/o having to install patches, and fixes. Understanding the file structure of the iPod also helps. A few symlinks here and there, a few permission changes and everything works well

4. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

But there isn't a way to backup email account settings, safari bookmarks? It seems there are so many different ways to jailbreak. ziphone, pwnage I'm really confused as to which one to use and which will have the least problems/easiest to use.

Also, if I don't do the jailbreak properly can I just restore and try again to get rid of the problems, or is the process to fix problems more complicated than that. One more thing, I'm assuming if I ever need warranty coverage I can just restore and send in to apple without them knowing anything right?

5. gumbi

gumbi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There's an App called TimeCapsule, which backs up everything you want... i think you then have to ssh into your ipod and save those 'capsules' somewhere before you restore and re-jailbreak to 1.1.4.

but i haven't used it yet, and i'm not sure if it works for 1.1.2... let me know how it goes, i'm also considering upgrading (from 1.1.3).
  6. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus

I used Ziphone 2.6B. Pwnage is different in that it creates a custom firmware for you to restore to. So let's say you created a custom 1.1.4 firmware with all the app's you want and games. Then when you ever need to restore, you can use your custom firmware. Although I do not suggest pwnage until you understand fully what it is and how to use it.

Ziphone or iLiberty+ will JB your iPod with little problems. Although you may get a BSD error which Ziphone will 2.6B can correct.