1.1.4 ssh problemmmmmmmm

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by matinsa2005, Mar 6, 2008.

1. matinsa2005

matinsa2005 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    im on 1.1.4 and i jailbroke it and now i installed open ssh and bsd subsystem trying to coonect to my ipod same as before(1.1.2) but cuteftp comes up with a error which cannot connect????????? any suggestioooooooooon?????????

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

try
    Adress(or whatever it says): what your ipod says in settings->Wifi->your_network->IP adress
    Username: root
    Password: alpine
  3. matinsa2005

matinsa2005 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    noooooo

i retyped everything such as address(ip) user password many times but it didn't workd at all and came up with same error im totally confused

i dont think that i missed anything i think something is going wrong with whole process

4. shadow10160

shadow10160 New Member

solution to ur problem

if ur iPod does that then the same thing happen to mine so go to settings, then go to genaral settings then hit restore all settings, then hit yes and that's is it . If you are still expeiriencing problems go on ur pc/mac and restore ur iPod. Then create a folder that says iPod hack then go to my computer and ur iPod should show up as a USB. Click on that and you will see all ur iPod stuff. Then go to ur installer and do exactly wat I say cuz if u don't ur iPod will be messed up, so as I was saying open up your new folder I told u to make, cut all of the installer app snapp and cut it, if you do not do this your iPod will be corrupted (badly damaged) take all of the installer and put it in the iPod hack folder then simply unplugg your iPod and then when that is done delete the whole file and simply just install it again!!! There u have it just do it with no other way I told u
  5. matinsa2005

matinsa2005 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what what what what in this way i will lose my jailbreak waht are u talking about?????

6. ballinjace

ballinjace New Member

Things happen.
  7. d3niz

d3niz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Similar thing happened to me... cuteftp didnt work when i had the services app. after i installed bossprefs.app and turned on ssh with that it worked just fine.
  8. nandihno

nandihno New Member

for me ssh was not working...
    after using cyberdcuk (ssh client) successfully on a 1.1.2 JB, yesterday I decided to take the plunge and move up to 1.1.4 JB using zibris method..
    all worked nicely but then i tried the ssh and nope didnt connect.

i went to installer and saw that i had open ssh installed...am guessing this is from my last JB as I forgot to remove it last time.
    So i went to uninstall open shh..then in installer app...i installed it again.
    so i tried cyberduck and it took a bit long time to log on. (it said this was normal on the first try)
    so then yes...i was able to log in correctly
  9. matinsa2005

matinsa2005 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Great

Actually D3niz was right in 1.1.4 net services and services dont work properly but boss pref is working great (instead) sooooo my advise to who has the same problemmmmmm just unistall any apps which allow you to on/off ssh and just install boss pref and you are done, that's it

hope this help .Mine right now is working great and i have no problem with it hope you dooo toooo