1.1.4 Mail App dont work

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Torkboy, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Torkboy

Torkboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey guys,

I just re jailbroke my iPod last night using the ZiPhone method(pressed for time), and got the mail apps and such on there, but when I try to use the mail app, and register it with my yahoo account, it will not load it up?

Any ideas? I even tried this Izy mail thing and its utter crap! I may just get POed and do the jailbreak that was posted on this forum

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that because yahoo doesnt provide free IMAPing service. You need to buy it. It allows u to forward all mail to a mobile device. The best free on is gmail. You just have to configure the settings correctly and youre up and running, im sure youve heard, you can even text. So yeah, just create a Gmail account for free and configure the IMAP and forwarding settings. Have fun!
  3. Torkboy

Torkboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    But I had yahoo working on it like 2 days ago? UNTILL I rejailbroke(music/videos wouldnt play).
  4. ThatWasOffTheHook

Device:
    iPod touch
    oh thats weird, did you change any settings after the jailbreak?
  5. Torkboy

Torkboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Before I did the jailbreak as posted here on a sticky using iLiberty, but this time I used ZiPhone method. iLiberty way seems to work the best for me. *sigh*
  6. ThatWasOffTheHook

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok i think i have a solution but i gotta ask you a question

are you sure its not an interenet problem, and you can check this by trying another app that requires internet or even safari.

Tell me if your internet is working
  7. Torkboy

Torkboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Internet is working and the mail app worked with my AOL account, and I can surf the web all day long.

Note also tried deleting the mail app in the library folder and that didnt help either
  8. ThatWasOffTheHook

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok well i dont know if youll like this answer, but its all i can give u cus, well its all im worth

because youre on 1.1.4 you have the ability to make web apps, so just got to yahoo, go to yahoo mail, the sign in page, and make that a web app and whenever you wanna send mail, jjust click it, and its even better cus it refreshes by itself unlike the mail app

so i hope i didnt disssapoint you but to me thats the easiest and most efficient solution
  9. Torkboy

Torkboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Thanks for the reply.

Ill leave it alone for now, see if anyone else can dream something up, if not, ill spend monday or something rejailbreaking with iLiberty

Please Register or Log in to view images

ZiPhone blows.