1.1.4 jailbreak problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by anyfacetango, Nov 21, 2008.

1. anyfacetango

anyfacetango New Member

Have a 1.1.4 jailbroken ipod touch 1G and have to restore, BUT DON´T WANT TO UPGRADE!!!. What can I do?.
  2. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    When you jailbreak, you will not be upgraded.

Also, why wouldn't you want to be upgraded? Everything is better at 2.x(particularaly 2.1)
  3. anyfacetango

anyfacetango New Member

because as far as I know, there´s no possibility of jailbreaking if ungraded to 2.2. My concern is being able to jailbreak once I have restored
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Please help!!!!.......
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    The problem began with Cydia; I lost several files somewhere along the line (didn´t back-up anything) and the only way to get them back is to restore. Itunes only alows 2.2 restore and wouldn´t like to lose the "jailbreak"
  4. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    You can download firmware 2.0 and 2.1 from the internet.

Upgrade to that, then jailbreak and wait for 2.2 jailbreak.

What files have you lost? I never heard of Cydia doing anything like that. Upgrading to anything other then 2.2 should solve this problem for you.
  5. jamesmackavoy

jamesmackavoy New Member

i have problems also!!!

i am having big problems becuase i have jailbroken my ipod and i have used fw changer iphysics ect. but now i want to update ipod ligitemitaly through itunes to 2.1 the problem is when i look at my software version it says n/a.

also, when i click restore it says then "there was a problem downloading the ipod software for "maxhartneys ipod touch". The reguested resource was not found.

i am worried that if i put into dfu mode it will say the same thing and if my mum or dad find out that its permanetly broken then im in trouble!!!

im freakin out!! what should i do!!!!!?????
    i am through with jailbreak and i need help fast or soon!!! plz help.
  6. goorioles747

goorioles747 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    quickpwn will jailbreak 2.2....
    you CANNOT permanently damage an iPod Touch via software updates, it is IMPOSSIBLE!

Download 2.2, through iTunes (or anywhere if it still wont work) and update it, then run quickpwn on it and you will have cydia...